Sony X93D

deepakb

Hi

I have Samsung LCD 46B640 and now on look out for 55 inch 4K TV. This time I am more inclined to go with Sony. Sony is marketing aggressively 2016 4K models as 4K HDR. Based on the features I am getting more inclined towards 55X93D. Any one in the forum has bought this model? can you please provide your quick review?

Regards

Deepak

If you are getting good speakers then go for it because sound is too weak also Android future is uncertain.

Thanks for feedback.

I already have Denon Amp 5.1 setup, so sound is not a problem, banking only on picture quality from TV.

Regards

Deepak

PQ is awesome but I would recommend look something in LG and Samsung as well since 4k with hdr is awesome in lg as it supports Dolby vision as well with less price you can get x95 series from lg

Thanks for the update. Yes I see that LG 4K HDR versions support Dolby Visio too. But seen too many threads which talk about LG upscaling not great compared to Sony or Samsung. As day-today we watch mostly HD content, upscaling will have to be great. Will check out the review on LG x95 Series.
Samsung I am not inclined this time as they are mostly coming with curved models which I am not fond of, and not good for wall mount (which is one my requirement)

Do check comprehensive reviews at rtings.com and avsforums for x930d thread for user feedback. Please consider that the price would be 30% higher in Sony you need to take tradeoff here. Also for upscaling 850 is a premium model check review the upscaling is equal to Sony,last year's models from lg were poor at upscaling I can watch DVDRip and it actually looks good

Also if you are looking for gaming lg is better with lower input lag.

Thanks dinjo for the feedback
1) Yes Sony is definitely 30% costs more than LG models of similar specifications
2) Which model of LG you own?
3) Also you were referring LG 95, is this UH950. I do not see UH950 has been released in India which seems to be better model compared to UH850 as per reviews.

UH 950 is a slim down version with very slim panel and some minor differences not much difference I would not go for given its premium price I own 850t, do check demo at Sony take lots of movies 4k 60fps 4k hevc, 4k 90fps, DVDRip to test quality and playback

Thanks Dinjo

I had said earlier that I was ruling out Samsung because they have only Curved models till now. I checked them, and they have said Flat panel models should be out within a month like model KS8000. This has higher ratings from almost all the reviews compared to Sony X93D, LG UH8500. So I will wait for some more days before I make my decision to between Sony vs LG vs Samsung

Back