Sonys reputation in ICE

sentinel

I won't touch Sony even with a 500ft pole

sony is a no no for car audio

Sony car audio sucks big time.

sony ICE is not worth considering at all.

I have been dealing in Car Audio for more then ten years, and in my experiences in 4 different countries, dun use Sony. They really sucks big time, even their HU.

Sony does have a OK or good kind of image in electronic goods .Why does SONY have this kind of reputation in ICE market? Do their head units really suck?

Sony does have a OK or good kind of image in electronic goods .Why does SONY have this kind of reputation in ICE market? Do their head units really suck?

Sony car audio is very average. Don't know why. Besides their mini compo systems, they make some good home AV products too (AVRs, BDPs), but in car audio they don't have a single audiophile product. Plus reliability seems to be an issue.

Sony car speakers totally suck. The head units are strictly average.

I bought a Pioneer HU in 2005 and it is still going strong. My 2 other friends bought Sony HU's and after one year both the HU's stopped playing cds. They switched to Pioneer :eek:hyeah:

I will prefer sony in other av products, i just bought a sony dvd player too and love it no end, but when it comes to car audio they are crap.

let me join the chorus....my sony setup in the car sucks. The CD player doesn't work, one of the rear speakers developed an awful crackle....so i just disconnected it......I am not too fussed because anyway i primarily listen to the radio while driving.....

Horses for courses !

Sony = Lcds, camcorders, digital cameras, source components like sacd players etc.

Avoid them like the plaque when it comes to amplification, loudspeakers for home/car..wherever !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back