sound card confusions

Hi,

I have 1 Q,can DX or D2X be used with Blueray movs?
Can we get 7.1 ana.out from DX or D2X sourced from blueray mov(lossless form)

Yes, no issues!

Any a/v application which can decode the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD bitstream from the blu-ray disc into 7.1 channels will be able to use the card's features. In fact, the 7.1 analog outs of the Asus D2X is of very good quality, and you are better off feeding the analog outs from the D2X to an a/v receiver's 7.1 analog-in instead of using HDMI passthrough and letting the receiver decode the bitstream.

Yes, no issues!

Any a/v application which can decode the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD bitstream from the blu-ray disc into 7.1 channels will be able to use the card's features. In fact, the 7.1 analog outs of the Asus D2X is of very good quality, and you are better off feeding the analog outs from the D2X to an a/v receiver's 7.1 analog-in instead of using HDMI passthrough and letting the receiver decode the bitstream.

+1 to that.

BTW you are saying that the D2X analog out would be a better option (with signal losses with low quality analog wires) than bitstream (6 channel) or LPCM (8 channel) audio - this is debatable.

+1 to that.

BTW you are saying that the D2X analog out would be a better option (with signal losses with low quality analog wires) than bitstream (6 channel) or LPCM (8 channel) audio - this is debatable.

I am just telling which sounded better to my ears! The AVR used was Denon 2309. Maybe with a better AVR things might change. But the analog out is very rich and I doubt any mid-priced avr will be able to match the analog out of a good sound card.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back