Soundbar buying advice

Artoo Deetoo

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I got to know about this from another tech forum. I'm editing and pasting the same query which I posted there earlier.

I have a Samsung QAQ60B 50 inch TV and looking for a good value for money soundbar to use with it. I've never owned a soundbar and know nothing about it. So please suggest some models, what to look for, what not to consider etc. It's mostly going to be used to watch OTT content.

The problem with the TV's inbuilt speakers is that most of the times when watching movies, the volume of the dialogues sound lesser compared to the background music. For example, I had the worst audio experience when watching the first Kingsman movie in Disney+. I had to constantly fiddle around the volume button for each scene. Same experience while watching "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Antman Quantamania", "Whiplash". I had to increase the volume repeatedly for the dialogues in Whiplash and then bring the volume down when music is being played. These movies are just for examples. It's the same experience for most of the content be it any OTT app (including regional content which is Tamil in my case, so not just English movies).

So is there any solution where I can modify the equalizer in the TV settings to fix this or getting a soundbar is the only fix?

If soundbar is the only solution:
The TV is in a medium sized hall filled up with furniture and stuff. I'm just looking to get a soundbar to be able to have a decent enough audio experience so that I don't have to use my TV remote that much. I'm not sure about the budget as I've never owned a soundbar before. Will 10k be enough? A home theater surround setup won't work for me due to some practical reasons.

And I'm only looking for good well known brands as it's a tier 2/3 city and a good after sales support is important for me. Please help.

welcome to the Forum.Have a happy stay here.
what’s your budget? There’s an offer going on for Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar till 25th of this month.Have a demo at Don’t skip,Trichy.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I got to know about this from another tech forum. I'm editing and pasting the same query which I posted there earlier.

I have a Samsung QAQ60B 50 inch TV and looking for a good value for money soundbar to use with it. I've never owned a soundbar and know nothing about it. So please suggest some models, what to look for, what not to consider etc. It's mostly going to be used to watch OTT content.

The problem with the TV's inbuilt speakers is that most of the times when watching movies, the volume of the dialogues sound lesser compared to the background music. For example, I had the worst audio experience when watching the first Kingsman movie in Disney+. I had to constantly fiddle around the volume button for each scene. Same experience while watching "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Antman Quantamania", "Whiplash". I had to increase the volume repeatedly for the dialogues in Whiplash and then bring the volume down when music is being played. These movies are just for examples. It's the same experience for most of the content be it any OTT app (including regional content which is Tamil in my case, so not just English movies).

So is there any solution where I can modify the equalizer in the TV settings to fix this or getting a soundbar is the only fix?

The TV is in a medium sized hall filled up with furniture and stuff. I'm just looking to get a soundbar to be able to have a decent enough audio experience so that I don't have to use my TV remote that much. I'm not sure about the budget as I've never owned a soundbar before. Will 10k be enough? A home theater surround setup won't work for me due to some practical reasons.

And I'm only looking for good well known brands as it's a tier 2/3 city and a good after sales support is important for me. Please help.
Hi,

Yes can get sound bar around 10K , before purchase please check demo , will it meet your requirement ( because around 10K basic model only can get )

welcome to the Forum.Have a happy stay here.
what’s your budget? There’s an offer going on for Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar till 25th of this month.Have a demo at Don’t skip,Trichy.
Haven't decided on a budget yet. For now having 10k but ok to go till 20k or less. I don't want anything extravagant. Just a value for money soundbar that lets me enjoy movies in my TV without having to press the volume buttons repeatedly for each scene.

Haven't decided on a budget yet. For now having 10k but ok to go till 20k or less. I don't want anything extravagant. Just a value for money soundbar that lets me enjoy movies in my TV without having to press the volume buttons repeatedly for each scene.
Hi , One of my friend is using LG 3.1 Sound bar ( seems less than 20k ) , he is happy with it .( I don't know the model number ).

•JBL Cinema SB190 for 20K.
With Dolby Atmos, will meet your needs.

I guess you will have the same problem with Soundbar as well but not sure about in the latest models. I could be wrong too. May you should ask to members who bought Soundbar for same reason

I guess you will have the same problem with Soundbar as well but not sure about in the latest models. I could be wrong too. May you should ask to members who bought Soundbar for same reason
Better get a demo of Soundbars from local stores if available.

You are saying that there is a volume imbalance between Dialogues and sound effects. This looks to be a problem of difference between the Center and Surround channels.
By any chance is any of the following true about your setup:
1) the TV speakers are NOT in front. They might be on the rear side. Usually, TV manufacturers do this to reduce the bezel and make the TV look like computer monitor.
2) in the sound setting you have enabled some effects like surround sound, stereo enhance etc.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been active for a while. I have decided to put off my buying plans for now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back