Soundbar suggestion

manindra.mukherjee

I have an existing HT setup with Yamaha RX V375 paired to Sonodyne BS speakets and Sonodyne Subwoofer. The setup is working fine and has been a delight to watch movies and listen to music. However due to space constraint , i have given up the idea of setting up a dedicated 5.1 setup and have planned to downgrade. I will shortly put up my current setup for sale and plan to invest in a budget soundbar. I know this will be a significant downgrade and from a long term perspective , there's no point keeping a AVR and speaker unused for along time.

I am looking for a soundbar to serve the below purposes

- To be used with the tv (mostly for movies and occasional music). Content will be from OTT and music source will be Alexa Echo.
- I am not sure how some sound bars claim to deliver 5.1 surround with just a subwoofer and soundbar. Need a soundbar with a balanced sound signature.
- Budget : <20K

Looking forward to suggestion . Thanks

I have an existing HT setup with Yamaha RX V375 paired to Sonodyne BS speakets and Sonodyne Subwoofer. The setup is working fine and has been a delight to watch movies and listen to music. However due to space constraint , i have given up the idea of setting up a dedicated 5.1 setup and have planned to downgrade. I will shortly put up my current setup for sale and plan to invest in a budget soundbar. I know this will be a significant downgrade and from a long term perspective , there's no point keeping a AVR and speaker unused for along time.

- To be used with the tv (mostly for movies and occasional music). Content will be from OTT and music source will be Alexa Echo.
- I am not sure how some sound bars claim to deliver 5.1 surround with just a subwoofer and soundbar. Need a soundbar with a balanced sound signature.

Try Bose Solo 5. One of my friend has the Bose Solo 5, the sound quality is very detailed to my ears though. You can see the reviews on YouTube too.

For balanced sound system, look for a 3.1 channel soundbar (no satellites). Here you have 3 channels, left, centre and right. Centre is for voice/dialogues. IMHO LG SL6Y should serve you well. Most other soundbars are geared towards heavy bass, as that's what public demands: windows shattering sound. Also, look for HDMI connectivity which ensures good fidelity, slightly more than bluetooth. Even Philips 2163B gives balanced sound. If you want 5.1, HT S20R & RT3 are the best.

Please try for JBL sound bar, it will fulfill your needs and budget wise cheap and best

Thanks for your suggestion. One more query ...does 5.1 wireless work specially the surround speakers. Also whether a wired or wireless sub makes sense. Is there transmission loss when going wireless

5.1 means surround channels. 3 channels mean front (left, right and center), 2 (satellites, left and right) and .1 means subwoofer. If you have no problem with wires running around, wired surround work best. If looking for wireless, remember, each piece needs a bluetooth receiver, means 3 in all for subwoofer, plus 2 satellites. This increases the cost without any substantial benefit. Many reviewers say, that bluetooth for satellites, subwoofer does consume half the wattage.

5.1 means surround channels. 3 channels mean front (left, right and center), 2 (satellites, left and right) and .1 means subwoofer. If you have no problem with wires running around, wired surround work best. If looking for wireless, remember, each piece needs a bluetooth receiver, means 3 in all for subwoofer, plus 2 satellites. This increases the cost without any substantial benefit. Many reviewers say, that bluetooth for satellites, subwoofer does consume half the wattage.

Thanks . This was useful. I don't want to increase clutter again and hence wanted to avoid a seperate sub . Can you suggest a few models which can provide decent bass without the need for external sub.

But you need a 5.1 setup. Else, there are umpteen models offering 2.0 and 4.0 soundbars which have inbuilt woofers, like Yamaha 109.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back