SoundFoundations - Now dealer for SMSL ,Gustard , DenaFrips ares2- DACs

magma

hi
all

we have been wanting to deal in DACs for sometime
since we do belive that dacs when implemented well can be directly compared and the measurements pretty much tell you how the dac will sound unlike other audio gear

Keeping this is mind
we have been able to get dealership
of SMSL
Gustard
and DenaFrips Ares

we set out with finding the best DAC we could for differnt budget ranges

Normally one particular brand tries to accomodate all price ranges having and entry level to a refernce level
However as we have seen in speakers and electronics this doesnt really work out

We have always noticed that a certain brand performs well only at a certain price point
the other products that they build ( just to accomodate the price segments above and below their actual forte ) dont turn out real VFM

Take for example Dynaudio or focal for that matter
they have been known to be great at a particular price point
whenever they try to build something to inclllude the budget market , those offering never really measure up
its almost a half hearted attempt , or either they dont want to put all theyve got into the budget models otherwise in will canabilise the higher profitable models

conversely
a more economy brand
Say warfedale or boston acoustics or even q acoustics - their forte is a certain class of products
when the try to move UP the ladder with refernce grade items i personally notice that they are not VFM anymore when compared to say a dynaudio or a PMC / focal etc

the same goes for electronics

Keeping this in mind we choose 3 brands for our DACs and instead of marketting their entire portfolio

we have choosen to pickup models according to their forte at the price range that these brands do best

15000 rs - we prefer an SMSL
45000-50000 rs we prefer the Gustard X16 and H16
80000-1 lac - we have preferred the Denafrips
at
1.5 lac we have found nothing better than the Gustard X26 Pro and the higher end dena frips

All the dacs we choose have a built in digital preamp and ( a really good one infact which betters any analogue ones at that pricepoint )
Having this in fact saves costs on a preamp
You could either hookup with active monitors or direct to a power amp , or integrated amplifier ( in power amp mode - bypassing the sometimes noisy preamp gain stage )

i will be uploading some catalgues in the next post - they have review and measurement links - a couple of unbiased options as well

Last edited:
As always - any posts to be regarding the press release items only
Comparison questions and comments
or any offtopic discussions will promptly be reported and deleted

Keep in mind this is a press release section of the forum

I had a conversation with Mr Ali 4-5 days ago about a compatible XLR cable for my newly purchased Gustard X26 pro DAC paired with Fyne Audio F502 speakers through Marantz PA.

Before selling anything he asked me in which area u want to improve in ur sound signature. We had a quite long discussion about my set up. Finally he had sent me two XLR cables for trail, which will be mostly delivered me today.

I was advised to trial those two cables for 10 days and keep the better one suited for me and make payment and return the other one to him.

He told me that it's very good DAC and he is now dealing with Gustard dacs and materials has just landed.
I think he is a very good person and can provide appropriate advice and services who wants to deal with him.

Hi captain
We havwe not imported the terminater in this batch
But you can surely contact me for the next import that will come in

Sir all prices mentioned are MRP

You can find the prices online on our
forum favorite hifimart

Or contact me
If there is a firm intrest
Pricing as always reflect international pricing

The Gustard R26 is creating great waves and is touted to take on the best of DACs
The dac is reviewed to have a musicality with accuracy

We as official dealers of Gustard
will be accpeting pre orders upto 10 th Decemeber
Gustard R26 and the U18

For delivery By 20- 30 th Jan

The A26 with the newly launched AKM will be taken later

Recently i have brought a Gustard U18 DDC from @magma / SoundFoundations, along with 3 years standard warranty and the offered price were too good to refuse, the unit was recieved in 3 layered packing along with an additional waterproofing layer. I am still in process of integrating the Gustard U18 DDC in my system using various different DACs and different i/o of DDC and DACs, and would soon update my experience with Gustard U18, but my initial impressions are positive and the first appreciable change i perceived of using a DDC for around 20 hours is increase in resolution of sound.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back