Sounds heard before birth influences life

Analogous

From Birds to Alligators, Embryos' Development Is Shaped by Sound​

Many unborn creatures make and receive sounds and vibrations -- getting valuable information on the outside world.

Human beings too.....

In many Asian cultures - people talk to their loved garden plants and even play music to them for a healthier growth ....

I was singing 'Send in the Clowns' to my unborn son. He came into this world before time to escape my singing.

I had picked up quite a few classical CD's meant to soothe my unborn child and played them quite often. My son is 8 years old now. His favorite song is 'Fear of the Dark' Iron Maiden. But he does play the piano better than me albeit without timing.

Last edited:
Never attributed horrible singing to premature births. I'm guessing this is a more prevalent affair than previously thought. Now I know what I did wrong with my second kid :D, had a hearty laugh at your post :)

I was singing 'Send in the Clowns' to my unborn son. He came into this world before time to escape my singing.

I had picked up quite a few classical CD's meant to soothe my unborn child and played them quite often. My son is 8 years old now. His favorite song is 'Fear of the Dark' Iron Maiden. But he does play the piano better than me albeit without timing.
Probably Vinyls might have been more effective (instead of CDs) because from the article:

"The result was a review paper published this week in the journal Trends in Ecology & Evolution, finding that acoustic signals like clicks, knocks and squeaks can help babies inside an egg or womb adjust to the outside world..."

Remember the sound effects when we immerse our head and ears in water? In a swimming pool or, pond, sea or even bathtub? It has a different quality (dull, reduced freq range as conduction through liquid is different from air) and a baby floating in the amniotic fluid probably hears similar things, a bit of the mothers voice, …
But Clicks, knocks and squeals ? The baby might think………..dolphins?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back