source first or stereo amp first ?

amateur

Hello,

I have denon 1610 AVR, with QA speakers. Want to setup a dedicated stereo one. Was just wondering if I should first go for source of CDP for ex: Marantz CDP 5004 (or) integrated stereo-amp first from Marantz--

just my view is that I can use Denon AVR itself with a dedicated CDP
thoughts appreciated.

Since you already have an amplifier, it does make sense to go for a CDP first. Try that out with the 1610, and then upgrade to a two channel amp.

Cheers

Yes pairing MARANTZ CDP with yr Denon can do wonders....later adding an amp wd be further upgrade...so go for a Marantz CDP first...preferred models are 5004 and 6003/4 for CDPs

just another question:

If I use Marantz cd6003 and take analog out of it and give it to Denon AVR 1610 , will AVR again do ADC and then do DAC ? I am sure it shouldn't do in atleast stereo and direct mode - but cannot confirm it from the specs.

just another question:

If I use Marantz cd6003 and take analog out of it and give it to Denon AVR 1610 , will AVR again do ADC and then do DAC ? I am sure it shouldn't do in atleast stereo and direct mode - but cannot confirm it from the specs.

Why take analog out? Take component digital or optical to the 1610.

Why take analog out? Take component digital or optical to the 1610.

I want Marantz to do the DAC i.e. dedicated CD Player - it will have better DAC and hence want only the analog output to be amplified by the AVR. I do't want to use the AVR's DAC.

If you give an analog in, it wont go through the dac of avr. Getting the analog out of cdp is better then feeding the digital out, since your cdp will have a better dac.

If you were using a dvdp, digital out into avr would have been better.

All,

My question is not understood properly :-(, let me try once again:

Equipments:

Marantz CDP
Denon AVR 1610

Connection:

CDP(Analog out) -> Denon AVR (Analog in)->Amplication by AVR->Speakers.

Question:flow of data
1 ) CDP->DAC in CDP->Denon AVR->ADC in AVR->DAC in AVR->Amplication by AVR->Speakers

(or)

2) CDP->DAC in CDP->Denon AVR->Amplification by AVR->Speakers.

How do I verify if it's 1) or 2)

My assumption is that it will be definitely only 2) - If so, how do I validate it.

The dac of the avr comes into play only when connected through the digital in.. When connected through analog it just acts as an amp..

The dac of the avr comes into play only when connected through the digital in.. When connected through analog it just acts as an amp..

Excellent, this is what I had in mind and thanks for the confirmation. There were other thread in this forum that also said perhaps AVR also does ADC->DAC though it's anlog signal- that caused the confusion...

If you already have both CDP and AVR , just try both the combination and judge yourself by listening- That is the best way to compare.

Cheers

Back