speaker drapers in bangalore?

realactivex

Hi All,
Continuing with building my entertainment center, and all the while hoping to make it child proof (?!!), i was thinking of enclosing my floor standers in a wooden shelf like enclosure. (I intend to keep the FS on the ground and have a thick plywood+ laminate cover three sides, while the rear of the speaker will be protected by the wall, which would effectively mean that the FS would be in a box with a door to the front.) Actually two doors. The inner door would be a frame with a tightly stretched cloth held by the door frame. I intend to use a cloth for this door which is accoustically transparent or as close as it gets to being transparent. The reason is, even with this door closed, i should not miss out on the sounds emanting from the FS. I also intend to have enough gap between this door and the FS, so that my little one is free to puncture this without damaging the speakers.
The outer door would be the regular wooden door which i can lock up when the speakers are not used.

My questions to the knowledgeable crowd here is: Where do i source this magical cloth in bangalore? and any ball park price points per meter of this cloth? I need this info real urgently as my woodwork is in its final stages.
Regards

hi murali (if i am not mistaken) !

the grill fabric is available with jaya - 9845517730. she has the good imported one, i have seen them myself. the local ones are awful. you may give my reference. but one thing, they are expensive.

so you finally procured the 875? i am sure you must be happy with it.

regards,
abhishek.

Hey Abhishek,
no 875 yet :-(
Good friend venkat is planning a Dubai trip and being the large hearted one, he offered to procure one for me. That might still seem as long shot as the monster is huge and is not baggage friendly :-(
You have any leads?
Regards
Murali

Last edited:
Hey Abhishek,
no 875 yet :-(
Good friend venkat is planning a Dubai trip and being the large hearted one, he offered to procure one for me. That might still seem as long shot as the monster is huge and is not baggage friendly :-(
You have any leads?

If you are serious, one of the folks who did get it from Dubai was willing to get it delivered to your house at some 200 Rupess a Kilo over the unit price in Dubai. I believe he contacted you.

Cheers

if anyone is interested in going to dubai for a short shopping trip - i am game. :yahoo:

BTW is any kind of gill fabric available here in pune - my missions have a small tear on the side of one of them - an accidental bump by the baby pram

If you are serious, one of the folks who did get it from Dubai was willing to get it delivered to your house at some 200 Rupess a Kilo over the unit price in Dubai. I believe he contacted you.

Cheers

Hi venkat,
I am pretty sure nobody contacted me. This does not look a bad deal. Please can you PM me the contact? I will speak to him
Regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back