Speaker for Denon 1910

KonfuSed

I've some questions in my mind for Speaker setup. Basically I'm planning to buy a pair fronts (most probably Bookshelfs from Wharfedales) for around 15k and the center speaker (7-8k) only due to budget constraints. Plan is to get Wharfedale Diamond 9.1(if available) or 10.1 and than later get Floorstanders after 6 months or so. I'll use the current sony speakers for the rear for the time being till I can get FS. Once I get the FS's I'll move the BookShelf speakers to the rear and remove the Sony speakers altogether(or may keep them for surround back).
Also, would Missin 34i FS's complement the Wharfedales (or the other way round)? I read good reviews about them from forum members here and with the pricing they are very tempting.
And please let me know if I should consider some other speakers for my setup. Other speakers which suits 1910 best, for the similar price range.

About the Sub, I've read that Wharfe's SW150 is good but the current price quote I got was 22k and I'm not willing to spend that much. This I'll anyway buy later only(after 4 months or so) but just wanna know if Sonodyne Roarr 210 matches wharfedale speakers well? I've auditioned this sub once, and I really liked it. But it was with full sonodyne setup. And the best part was that price was quite competitive at 14.5k
My room size is 11.5x18 ft but it's a L shaped living room, so another 12x8 size portion is on the left. Viewing distance will be around 15ft. And sometimes I use the beanbags to move closer(10ft).
Would really appreciate some help here.

Ideally Frnt & Centre shld be from same family.If you plan for mission lator,then centre shld be from mission & not wharf.
Mission centre must be lesser than wharf.

Thanks Spiro, will do that then. So it won't be a problem to have Wharfedale Surrounds with Mission Fronts? And how much does Wharfedale FS's costs? How are they compared to Mission?

Thanks Spiro, will do that then. So it won't be a problem to have Wharfedale Surrounds with Mission Fronts? And how much does Wharfedale FS's costs? How are they compared to Mission?

Wharf 10 can sound similar to mission (both are forward)
Wharf 9 is laid back.So wharf 10 can match as surr with Mission,may not 9.
Price can be 25 to 30k for frstands(not sure)

Please check out speakers from PSB and MA...IMHO two of the most versatile speakers in the budget category...they work well with both music and movies...

Hi Soulforged, who are the dealers for Monito Audio and PSB in Bangalore? Any pointers will help. And which models of these are you exactly referring to?

AFAIK ARN used to deal with both MA and PSB...as for the model, I liked PSB's Image series and MA's Bronze BR...I guess they are a bit outdated now and newer model have come up but then they'd only be improvements...

Got the AVR(1910), now plz help with the Speakers.

Hi All,
First of all, let me thank all of you for helping me on choosing the AVR (Denon 1910).
Now, i want to upgrade the speakers. I'm going to do it in step by step manner. Currently running the AVR with my Sony Speakers, may not be great but as of now doing the work. But I know that I need to upgrade and first in line is the subwoofer,
1. Subwoofer : I've a budget of around 15-18k. I was considering the Wharfedale SW150 initially but the prices have gone up to 21-22k range in Bangalore now. Do let me know if anyone is offering it for a better price.
So I've diverted my attention towards Sonodyne Roarr 210. I listened to it once and I kind of liked it that time. Will definitely listened to it once again. I got a quote of 15k for the subwoofer. But the issue is how will it complement with my future speakers. Please read the next para for my other plan of speaker upgrade and let me know if Sonodyne will be match or a mis-match. This is a immediate purchase and any help as soon as possible will be really helpful.

2. Front speakers/Surround : Presently budget is around 15-18k for the fronts. I've thinking about Mission 34i but also thinking about Wharfedales as I've read in the forum that Wharfes matches Denon very nicely. Also I've heard one such setup (Wharfe HCP+Denon1910) and it was good. So what I was thinking that I can go for wharfe 9.1 or 9.2 for time being as the front speakers and then later get another pair of wharfes for the surrounds (or move the previous wharfes for rear if I can get FS). But wharfedale's FS's are bit too costly it seems.
Also how the Sonodyne Sub will blend with either Wharfes or Mission or I shouldn't mix and match at all?
This is not an immediate purchase and may take 3-6 months to materialize.
3. Center Speaker: Budget is 7-10k. Would depend on what I'm getting for the fronts. Will be getting it along with the fronts.

The setup is mostly for movies and some music (60-40%). I don't like too shrill kind of sounds and that actually puts me off. So looking for something sweet sounding.
Hope to get lots of help from the forum members.
Regards,

Re: Got the AVR(1910), now plz help with the Speakers.

Hi,

Yes, you have read it right that Wharfdales are the best match for Denon 1910.

Re: Got the AVR(1910), now plz help with the Speakers.

Even I'm bit inclined towards Wharfedales.
But now my biggest concern is the Subwoofer and any help in that matter will be really appreciated. Have anyone used Sonodyne Sub that I've mentioned? Is it ok to go for it considering that I'll be getting Wharfedale speakers later?

Thanks dude. It's 17.6k all inclusive. I hope the price is ok.

BTW, they have shown me DAC rca cable. How are they? Asking for 1.1k for 5 mtr long cable. Is the price ok? Any pointer for something cheaper? how is MX cables RCA? Should be ok I guess, right?

Thanks dude. It's 17.6k all inclusive. I hope the price is ok.

BTW, they have shown me DAC rca cable. How are they? Asking for 1.1k for 5 mtr long cable. Is the price ok? Any pointer for something cheaper? how is MX cables RCA? Should be ok I guess, right?

Hey
Where did you make these purchases? Please tell us the dealer name ..

cheers

It's in my previous post itself. Anyway posting it here again
Total Sound, Jayanagar, (Near Bangalore Hospital)
Phone no : 9845522937

BTW, they have only in black color if that's concern.
So, is the pricing ok for the Sub and Cables?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back