Speaker for Marantz NR1508

hannibal09

Greeting Everyone.
I have started my journey in hifi systems. I have purchased Marantz NR1508 from Reliance digital as my starting receiver. May upgrade in future to atoms receiver in a year or two.

Now I am looking for speaker to go with 1508. I got audition of Polk T series, Signature Series S50 & Eltrax Explore(rejected). I am limiting my Budget to approx 50k for either 5.0 or fronts only, may exceed by 25% considering future proposition . Based on FM suggestion at various threads & reviews, I have considered following option.

1. Polk T Series 5.0 package - can buy now
2. Polk S50 floor standing (Now), S30 center, OWM3 surround in 3-4 months.
3. QA 3050i floor standing (Now), 3090i center, OWM3 surround in 3-4 months.
4. Dali Oberon 5 floor standing (Now) Dali Oberon Vokal center, OWM3 surround in 6-8 months.

I am considering Polk OWM3 for surround due to their sleek design. I don't want to put bookshelf speakers on wall.
I am omitting sub for now and will decide after using this setup for some time.

I need your help in deciding my starting speakers and also advise on where I can audition them in Navi Mumbai or nearby region.

Thank You.

Out of the 4 I suggest Dali Oberon ... Pairs well with Marantz. QA 3050 and center speakers are on sale on the forum. Do check them out. It's a great deal.

Out of the 4 I suggest Dali Oberon ... Pairs well with Marantz. QA 3050 and center speakers are on sale on the forum. Do check them out. It's a great deal.
Thanks. Not able to identify any showroom for dali audition.

QA sale in classified is currently Bengaluru only.

I woul suggest avoiding the Polk T Series. You will soon hanker for an upgrade.

Polk RTi and S Series are decent budget options if you want something cheaper than Q Acoustic / Dali.

Best however is to buy either Dali or QAcoustics.
Save up and slowly buy - you will be happy with either, for many years.

Greeting Everyone.
I have started my journey in hifi systems. I have purchased Marantz NR1508 from Reliance digital as my starting receiver. May upgrade in future to atoms receiver in a year or two.

Now I am looking for speaker to go with 1508. I got audition of Polk T series, Signature Series S50 & Eltrax Explore(rejected). I am limiting my Budget to approx 50k for either 5.0 or fronts only, may exceed by 25% considering future proposition . Based on FM suggestion at various threads & reviews, I have considered following option.

4. Dali Oberon 5 floor standing (Now) Dali Oberon Vokal center, OWM3 surround in 6-8 months.

I am considering Polk OWM3 for surround due to their sleek design. I don't want to put bookshelf speakers on wall.

I need your help in deciding my starting speakers and also advise on where I can audition them in Navi Mumbai or nearby region.

Thank You.
You may want to consider the Mission QX series and follow a similar upgrade path to the one with the QA3050i. The center and fronts will cumulatively cost you 50K and the entire 5.0 80K.

Plenty of bass in this one to negate the craving for a floorstander. Also, the sound is the best I've experienced in this price range and comparable if not better to speakers I've auditioned twice the price. You can read my experience of the QX2s in detail in the thread started by @sam_007 who's already ordered a pair. And the NR1508 should be capable of driving them since i heard them powered with a NR1509. However, an upgrade to a power amp is highly recommended as the NR1509 runs out of breath much before it comes close to testing the limits of the QX2.

Go for Dali Oberon. You won't have to upgrade in a very very long time. Every time you upgrade you lose money on your previous investment. Better to up your budget to get something that will keep you happy for a very long time.
If budget is a constraint, get the fronts and center, delay the rear speakers.

I woul suggest avoiding the Polk T Series. You will soon hanker for an upgrade.

Polk RTi and S Series are decent budget options if you want something cheaper than Q Acoustic / Dali.

Best however is to buy either Dali or QAcoustics.
Save up and slowly buy - you will be happy with either, for many years.
Go for Dali Oberon. You won't have to upgrade in a very very long time. Every time you upgrade you lose money on your previous investment. Better to up your budget to get something that will keep you happy for a very long time.
If budget is a constraint, get the fronts and center, delay the rear speakers.
True for hanker to upgrade. I am waiting to audition Dali & QA

You may want to consider the Mission QX series and follow a similar upgrade path to the one with the QA3050i. The center and fronts will cumulatively cost you 50K and the entire 5.0 80K.

Plenty of bass in this one to negate the craving for a floorstander. Also, the sound is the best I've experienced in this price range and comparable if not better to speakers I've auditioned twice the price. You can read my experience of the QX2s in detail in the thread started by @sam_007 who's already ordered a pair. And the NR1508 should be capable of driving them since i heard them powered with a NR1509. However, an upgrade to a power amp is highly recommended as the NR1509 runs out of breath much before it comes close to testing the limits of the QX2.
Thanks. Those are fanatics speakers. But I am restricted to floorstanding due to constraint on putting bookshelf. If I buy them than I have to invest on stands as well.

Greeting Everyone.

Thank You.

Hi

Usually most speakers pair well with Marantz, if budget is tight, why not see OLX? There is some good speakers available.

Thanks for suggesting. I have tried on olx & quicker, but unable to found any option of speakers of known brands in Mumbai region.
If you have seen some, request you to share with me.

Thanks

True for hanker to upgrade. I am waiting to audition Dali & QA
I have QA 3020i LCR with NR1609 as my 2nd system. Definitely good 'for the money spent'. But for a primary system I would not mind stretching to Oberons or KEFs and such.
Audition as much as you can and trust your ears, not others' opinions. We all suffer from selective confirmation bias.

There are some issues with q acoustics 3090i centre channel speaker in dialogue delivery . Previously i owned one i felt i had to increase the volume for dialogue clarity while watching some english movies .
From your options dali would the best pic.
Mission qx is also a good option as suggested by fellow member .
There is also jamo 5.1 for sale in mumbai

I own the same model, and you need to know one thing...
This is only 50w per channel when 2ch driven.... (its not 50w x 5ch)
choose a high sensitivity speaker if you need to have a good experience, as it might look the speakers are working fine, the receiver might struggle in movies where the sound is very dynamic.
I would suggest look at klipsch or similar and wherever you are auditioning, take your receiver and use the same.

I own the same model, and you need to know one thing...
This is only 50w per channel when 2ch driven.... (its not 50w x 5ch)
choose a high sensitivity speaker if you need to have a good experience, as it might look the speakers are working fine, the receiver might struggle in movies where the sound is very dynamic.
I would suggest look at klipsch or similar and wherever you are auditioning, take your receiver and use the same.

You sure? From following abstract from cnet review, it says 50 w per channels
The receiver offers five channels at 50W each, in addition to dual subwoofer outputs

You can check the below links as well

You sure? From following abstract from cnet review, it says 50 w per channels

Even my Marantz SR6013 would struggle to produce 50w power channel with all channels driven. AVR companies are known for not being forthcoming with their specifications. Another thing to keep in mind, Any measurement at a THD greater than 0.1% is useless.

I have checked Denon 3700 &. 8500. Both of them also mention only 2 ch power. Is it norm for all avr?

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-01-14-41-07~2.png
    Capture+_2021-03-01-14-41-07~2.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 2
I have checked Denon 3700 &. 8500. Both of them also mention only 2 ch power. Is it norm for all avr?
Yes the power spec is normally when 2 channels driven with the mentioned THD % levels.
So when all channels are driven the per channel power will be less.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back