Speaker for Mission Cyrus One

dism

Hello there,
I'm new to this forum and thought to right kick in with an question about what speakers to add to a list to go listen to in te next couple of month.
I live in Holland and have been enjoying listening to music since I was 16
The last 10 years until now ik played on a Cyrus I with a pair of Impulse 22 Speakers.
This set gives me and has always given me a great sound in the space i listened in until now.

What is the problem: I recently listen in a quit larger living room (4x7) and also listen more and more to more rock-kind music.
So: the Impulse 22 give me a great positioning and open-ness (good word??)
but lack on power and lows. I simpy want a speaker with more "umph...". I know finding a speaker with a lot of bass isn't hard to find,
but imo this goes often at cost of clarity and positioning. And that remains my first priority.

For the cyrus is a guit small amplifier, I think I need a very easy and undemanding speaker (>90db??)
Second, for my room is hard-floored, I need an quit warm speaker, which is not very critical to placement (bassport on front??), because my placing-spots are not that big
I know, a lot of wishes, but perhaps some of you have some tips
So far, I'm thinking of Kef Q5 (not the IQ5...), Dali Concept 6 or 8, but don't know what they do on the cyrus...

Kind regards, Dick :)

Last edited:
With something like a Cyrus, I would any day pair it with a ProAc 140s.

Go for it bro, am sure you won't be disappointed!

With something like a Cyrus, I would any day pair it with a ProAc 140s.

Go for it bro, am sure you won't be disappointed!

Thx man, will surely look into this...
Already read about the ProAc/Naim combination over the net
and was years ago rather fond of the sound of the nait 2
Bought the cyrus 1 for budgetary-reasons then :D

grrttzzz, dick :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back