Speaker or Amplifier - which should be more powerful?

Assuming 70% is the 70% of the total reference range, then I'm even more confused on how it will work. In Yamaha RX 371, from -65dbl to -45dbl (I'm refering to reference range), there is no 'significant' change in volume, but the main change starts from -40dbl onwards. It goes till +16dbl. Now given that there is no change in the lower levels, 70% of which range should be considered?

You can consider -65db to -10db as 70% of the volume as your max is +16db...

In my new Onkyo AVR, the volume ranges from 0 to 99 (Max)...In the same way as your AVR, i need to bring the volume to atleast 40 to hear anything..

For stereo, my listening level is around 55 ~ 60... For movies, my listening levels are 60~65..

Not sure if this holds good...YPAO on my AVR does not change overall levels per se but at times levels of individual speakers, depending on the reflection on oneside of the speaker. Even then the changes are hardly one or two dbl reference levels ?

The automatic calibration sets the levels with respect to center speaker (usually). It measures the other speakers and adjusts the db levels to match to center. Same thing is done with distances and delays are adjusted. If the speaker levels are not much different, there wont be much adjustments to it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back