speaker package for pioneer vsx-1019-ah -k

chirag007

Hello all,
This is my first post to the forum.

I am interested in buying HTiB or building HTS component wise. Eventually, I am planning to have LCD TV to have complete system in a year.

Room size - 12 * 18 , viewing area 10 * 12
50% TV, 40 % movies ( English preferred ) - to be used by me ( fond of special effects), 10 % Music - to be used by my wife ( Hindi & English) and father only (old Hindi)

I am looking for either Yamaha YSP-4000 soundbar (import)or else looking to go for Pioneer vsx-1019ah-k as AVR (import)and matching 7.1 speaker package (India).

My speaker budget is 25-30k Max ( for 7.1 or 7.0 channels).

So far, I have done audition of Onkyo 3200 and Onkyo 5105 + HS 230 and later one sounded awesome to me comparatively ( as I was comparing them with Sony, LG, Samsung - DVD based HTS) - you can think of poor me.

I am thinking to do audition of other speaker systems here in Bangalore; but if some one help me to narrow down my search based on my test and my feedback of Onkyo, it would be good.

Also - the must criteria from my mother is sound quality should be good at low volume as well. (I think Onkyo 607/707 AVR are best for that ). Any short opinion on pioneer 1019 for that?

Ultimately, a nice set of speakers within budget should go in with pioneer 1019 or onkyo AVRs. I am not thinking of buying speakers step by step as I want to start enjoying sound effects right from I purchase the AVR.

If you like the "effects", a sub is a must. Also go for 5.1 rather than 7.1 given your room size and budget. Audition Energy take 5.1 and also QA 5.1, the later one may stretch your budget a bit, but that is the norm on HFV :lol: Other options are wharfedale package (check with the dealer).

Having owned a 6.1 Onkyo speaker set earlier and replacing them from another brand since recently, I would say stick to brands that specialize in speakers (Energy/QA/Wharfedale/PSB etc.) rather than going with Yamaha/Onkyo etc. for speakers.

Hello Chirag,
Did you manage to buy and take your Energy RC-Micro 5.1 + Pionoeer vsx-1019-k to India ? Are you happy with the performance of this pair?! Your inputs will be very valuable here, just so I have decided to go with almost the exact same pair !!! .... only that I am eyeing on Pioneer vsx-1020-k instead.

Also please let me know the type of power supply you use for your speakers in India. I see that people are using a step-down Transformer for adapting the voltage but are the speakers doing good at 50Hz AC power freq ?

Hello Chirag,
Did you manage to buy and take your Energy RC-Micro 5.1 + Pionoeer vsx-1019-k to India ? Are you happy with the performance of this pair?! Your inputs will be very valuable here, just so I have decided to go with almost the exact same pair !!! .... only that I am eyeing on Pioneer vsx-1020-k instead.

Also please let me know the type of power supply you use for your speakers in India. I see that people are using a step-down Transformer for adapting the voltage but are the speakers doing good at 50Hz AC power freq ?

I have bought Energy RC-Micro 5.1 but have not bought AVR yet. So have not hooked up so can't tell about performance.
I am thinking to go for Denon 2310 or pioneer elite vsx-21, in another 2 months it will be in my hand. I have waited for a year to make good setup.

I am yet to decided on power supply and heard that it doesn't mater if you use 50 Hz. I am thinking to go for 2KV stab+transformer combo to power both AVR + Energy Sub.

Hello Chirag,

Iam using pioneer VSX-1020 with quad and enjoying great movies exprence and sound ..i will recomend pioneet truely winner in reciver catagory.

Hello Everyone,

At last I 've managed to bring home the Pioneer VSX-1020-k + Energy Mircro 5.1 speakers + Samsung LN46C650 46" LCD Tv from the USA. To power the setup I am using a 2KVA Servo from Vertex cascaded with a 2KVA UIT that steps down the voltage to 110V.

Everything powered up well and worked like a charm. However, after a while, the Amp powered off itself when I cranked the volume above (-35 dB) ... The iPhone/iPod RED LED light in the front panel keeps blinking. I am able to reproduce the problem time and again.

I am unable to suspect "underpowering scenario" since -
LCD TV power = 210W
Amp Power = (245W) 770W max output
Active Sub = 100W

And I 've provided this with 2KVA power supply - which as I reckon, seems adequate.

If anyone from AVS Forum has any insight into this problem at all kindly help me. It 's disconcerting after all to see the system fall apart despite the hard work :-(

Last edited:
congrats on new purcahse...I am also using Pioneer 919....and working fine...Just check your wiring to speakers....in case of improper wiring AVR goes to protection mode...

Thanks Vinshar! ... I figured the problem and indeed it was an imperfect connection of speaker wires to the binding posts.... ! Since then the receiver has been doing great and the sound clarity rocks !

Anyone using Atlona PAL-NTSC converter and have routed the output signal via a pioneer receiver? Does the receiver then recognize 5.1 Dolby Digital sound? ... I hear there are problems with Tata Sky's HD (not the providers problem) and people tend to thru the output directly to TV bypassing the receiver? Any thoughts or inputs is much appreciated!

Yup initially I had Tatasky router through the receiver but I noticed some shakiness and motion judder in the picture that way in the HD channels. Since then I feed the HDMI direct to the TV and use a coaxial cable to feed the audio to my receiver. Since the audio is Dolby Digital 5.1 anyway, there's no loss in quality going the coaxial way.

hello everyone..bought my 1020 last week and will go and buy converter tday..any suggestins for converter?

i will try and connect my yamaha satellite speakers to 1020. hope it wont be any prblem.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back