Speaker Pairing

sribuddy

All,

I wanted to have diff set of speakers for my HT setup, like tower for front surrounds, centre and good punchy di/bipole for rear surrounds, but I was not advised to go for it.

Does speaker pairing really matters that much
One of my friend has 1010 package for fronts and centre, but wants to buy front surround from a diff company and pair it.. will it work...??? if yes, what criteria shld be looked into...

Please advise...

All,

I wanted to have diff set of speakers for my HT setup, like tower for front surrounds, centre and good punchy di/bipole for rear surrounds, but I was not advised to go for it.

You are absolutely right on your statement except for the advice part. Like Spiro said, fronts and centers can be had from the same brand/model to match the tone and timbre! Using a Dipole/Bipole is highly recommended to achieve a good surround SFX, especially for the larger rooms.

Yes, matching speakers really matters, it is like how we cannot use different speakers for left and right fronts. Because each manufacturer uses his own style, crossovers, drivers, tweeters, enclosure, etc., it is important that we use at least the same brand/model for FS.

So, you are right and you can go ahead with that!

Cheers!

Thanks Spir and Venk.

Please suggest a good diapole speaker to complete the setup. Max budget is 15000. Though there are threads running on the same topic. just wanted to have your thoughts on this.

Thanks Spir and Venk.

Please suggest a good diapole speaker to complete the setup. Max budget is 15000. Though there are threads running on the same topic. just wanted to have your thoughts on this.

Hi,

Wharfedale DFS is great VFM, santhol2 and srinisundar have them, you can pm for their inputs, but again consideration must be given to the Fronts and Center.

Cheers!

Thanks Spir & Venki,

I have proposed my friend to use Q acoustics 1000 for centre and front surrounds & for rear diapole will be proposed. Let me chk with srinisundar and santhol2 on Wharfdales.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back