Speaker Prices compared (INR & GBP)

Hi Nirrej
Thanx for the info. Better still if someone is visiting Taiwan :)

@Crn12
Generally with speakers warranty wont be that important. Just tell your friend to play it for around 15-20 mins and check them.

@Crn12
Generally with speakers warranty wont be that important. Just tell your friend to play it for around 15-20 mins and check them.

Hi Rikhav,

Thanks, well starting today the Chinese celebrate the golden week, & all shops would be closed for 6 days.

I think I would push this for the next time he visits, however he is trying to get the price list, lets see after that.

I have got an offer for Mission M33i, - 14K, Mission Center - Rs 4600, M30i Surround - 7k, it adds upto 25600, however he has said the best price is 24K

Appreciate if you could tell me if this good, I liked the sound, however I haven't yet tested the others (Polk, Wharf, Arcam,etc)

Hi Crn12
Unfortunately i have not auditioned many speakers to give you a suggestion and specially HT products
You should definitely audition other brands and Wharfedale for sure. Both Mission and Wharfedale are from the same parent company if i am not wrong
You can also browse through different thread so you get an idea which speakers are generally prefered

Hi Rikhav,

Thanks, well starting today the Chinese celebrate the golden week, & all shops would be closed for 6 days.

I think I would push this for the next time he visits, however he is trying to get the price list, lets see after that.

I have got an offer for Mission M33i, - 14K, Mission Center - Rs 4600, M30i Surround - 7k, it adds upto 25600, however he has said the best price is 24K

Appreciate if you could tell me if this good, I liked the sound, however I haven't yet tested the others (Polk, Wharf, Arcam,etc)

Hey crn12

can you tell me where in bangalore Mission Center - for Rs 4600, M30i Surround - for 7k is available.

a very interesting thread.... nice way to know where we are paying too much premium and where we are paying prices close to what they are available in their home country.... good way to find out which products are more value than the others .... :)

Last edited:
This is one of the best thread for people like me who weighs price,i mean who got "jyada daam toh behtaar hai " attitude :p...its an eye-opener ;)..thanks all for all for the info :)

In India these Hi Fi units are expensive when compared to abroad because of small market for these products, hence price per unit has to be kept high to meet the expenses & desired profit of seller / dealer. as sale in terms of number of units is less. Whereas market for such product is very big in USA / Canada / UK / other west european country so price per unit comes down due to big sales.
Plus some companies try to keep the price same in their homeland (Like UK or USA) and in foreign markets so as to prevent grey sales.

Price of Usher s520 in Taiwan is around 5800-5900 NTD
Usher V601 is around 8000 NTD. Not sure if these can be used as benchmarks. Freight, customs etc add a lot to the base price.

Back