Speaker repair -Pune - Polk Audio

iRock

Hi Guys,
My one of the speaker from Polk Audio (Blackstone ) TL2 - is not working correctly - It fell accidentally and it appears that one of the drivers is not working. Does any one know - if there is any way to repair this ? or any pointers that can be shared for getting it fixed in Pune will be of great help.
Cheers and stay safe :)

If the cone of speaker is undamaged due to the fall, then it could be a dry soldier issue, wires loose from connector or crossover inside.

Are the speakers under warranty? If not, basic check is to open the speaker carefully and check...there are many videos on you tube to guide what you can do to troubleshoot and ascertain the issue.

See some of these videos and attempt only if you have the patience and basic knowledge

If the cone of speaker is undamaged due to the fall, then it could be a dry soldier issue, wires loose from connector or crossover inside.

Are the speakers under warranty? If not, basic check is to open the speaker carefully and check...there are many videos on you tube to guide what you can do to troubleshoot and ascertain the issue.

See some of these videos and attempt only if you have the patience and basic knowledge

Thanks for suggestion efernand1

Speakers are out of warranty. I did not think about self attempt at all. Will check out video's and see if I can dare.

Ok - As suggested earlier - I tried DIY route. Did open the speaker - all connections are solid and very nice. Unfortunately could not isolate the issue. It seems the main driver is not working - not sure if its circuit or speaker. So back to square one.

Still need help in speaker repair in Pune.

On the side note - I was quite glad to see insides of these little speakers - every thing is seems high quality - nice connectors, neatly tucked cables etc.

Try to check the ohms on the speaker terminal using a multimeter, matches with the speaker rating.
If it is good then circuit must be the culprit.

Try to check the ohms on the speaker terminal using a multimeter, matches with the speaker rating.
If it is good then circuit must be the culprit.
Thanks Shanmugam. Don't have mulitmeter handy - but will try to source it as it will be worth finding it out.

Thanks Shanmugam. Don't have mulitmeter handy - but will try to source it as it will be worth finding it out.
Hello iRock, You may visit the electronic market in downtown Pune off Laxmi Road . There are many speaker repair shops and can ask for repair places.

Are you sure the driver is at fault? Depending on whether it is wired or wireless, the connecting wire/socket may be damaged. Your speaker box has a mid ranger and tweeter, I doubt both could be faulty at the same time. Repairing speaker would do no good unless you are sure.

Thanks for the replies guys - I've now given up on experimenting on this speaker.
I will be trying to take to electronic market in Budhwar peth for attempted repairs at in coming weeks to professional attention.

Are you sure the driver is at fault? Depending on whether it is wired or wireless, the connecting wire/socket may be damaged. Your speaker box has a mid ranger and tweeter, I doubt both could be faulty at the same time. Repairing speaker would do no good unless you are sure.
Note sure if its driver but tweeter works fine (I can hear it) prompted me to think that this may be mid-range driver. This is wired speaker.

Note sure if its driver but tweeter works fine (I can hear it) prompted me to think that this may be mid-range driver. This is wired speaker.
Try buying a cheap/throwaway speaker and see if it works in place of supposedly faulty speaker. If it does, convincing your technician would be easy.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back