Speaker stand for Elac B6.2

selvaa_pr

Hi,

Need some quick input on Speaker stand for my Elac Bookshelf B6.2. When i contacted SF they suggested Nexus and Onyx model from their catalogue. Any specific suggestion from these 2 or outside of these?

Also, my room is tile floor and i don't use any carpet. So, do i need to place any carpet/mat below the stand or do i need to install pointed leveling screw?

Please advice..

Hi,

Need some quick input on Speaker stand for my Elac Bookshelf B6.2. When i contacted SF they suggested Nexus and Onyx model from their catalogue. Any specific suggestion from these 2 or outside of these?

Also, my room is tile floor and i don't use any carpet. So, do i need to place any carpet/mat below the stand or do i need to install pointed leveling screw?

Please advice..
In the similar conditions like yours, I have placed my KEF300 speakers on self designed speaker stands. They are made by a carpenter well known to me. I have placed rubber sheets below the stands as well as speakers. You can get this stands made by any experienced carpenter. These are much cheaper than the readymade ones. Results are very satisfactory to me. You may also try.

I had steel stands built for me and used SS bolts with rounded bottom ends screwed into the bottom plate instead of spikes.
Can move easily on marble floor.

2.jpg 1.jpg

Great solution! Just wondering if this type of platform be suitable for FS speakers as well. Currently my FS are sitting on their own rubber bushes.
you can build a small SS or wood platform but with FS need to make sure the height of the tweeter from the floor is as per the speakers design. usually tweeters at ear level are good enough.

Hi,

Please advice..
I have used Nemesis speaker stands from Sound Foundation for Elac's B5. My floor is also tiled one. The stands comes along with standard adjustable spikes but the spikes does not have protection plates at bottom (at least not for this model). Spikes are always good and I have noticed that it has not harmed the floor in any way. Maybe some models comes along with protection plates for tiled floors. Presently I am keeping Wharfedale evo 4.1 on these stands. They fit well. Ideally for light speaker say less then 7kg's buy heavy stands.

Last edited:
I have used Nemesis speaker stands from Sound Foundation for Elac's B5. My floor is also tiled one. The stands comes along with standard adjustable spikes but the spikes does not have protection plates at bottom (at least not for this model). Spikes are always good and I have noticed that it has not harmed the floor in any way. Maybe some models comes along with protection plates for tiled floors. Presently I am keeping Wharfedale evo 4.1 on these stands. They fit well. Ideally for light speaker say less then 7kg's buy heavy stands.
You can buy protection plates separately from Soundfoundations

Hi,

Where did u get these adjustable spikes from?
any similar options in rubber?
These are not spikes. They are SS bolts with bottom ends rounded for ease of movement on tiled/stone floor.
They are threaded into the bottom plate.

Hi,

Please advice..
Came across the below Bookshelf Speaker Stand in Amazon

Hope you can check this too

Have anyone used this ?

I have the Nemesis stands too.

Try these 👇 use felt pads (also available on Amazon) so that they're easy to slide around.

SAFWE Speaker Spikes Foot - Feet Pads 25x7mm 8PCS Metal (Silver Colour) https://amzn.eu/d/ftpVFq3

Came across the below Bookshelf Speaker Stand in Amazon

Hope you can check this too

Have anyone used this ?
Looks similar to the Sound foundation (nemesis). Reviews on amazon is also ok. On price part it is much cheaper then the one available by sound foundation. About quality, finish nothing is certain as online purchases are dicey.

I have the Nemesis stands too.

Try these 👇 use felt pads (also available on Amazon) so that they're easy to slide around.

SAFWE Speaker Spikes Foot - Feet Pads 25x7mm 8PCS Metal (Silver Colour) https://amzn.eu/d/ftpVFq3
Thanks for the link. Looks like these will solve the purpose. Just want to know do they fit below the spikes of Nemesis stands.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back