Speaker suggestions for a lakh and half

I can vouch for Salk designs. I have the HT2-TL (had the Songtowers before that) and they sound fantastic. Jim recently released the Soundscape 8's and from what I have read they are awesome too. I haven't heard the other speakers you mention though. The only drawback is higher shipping, as Salk does not sell kits AFAIK. I know at least one person in India had the Songtowers shipped there.

I can vouch for Salk designs...The only drawback is higher shipping, as Salk does not sell kits AFAIK. I know at least one person in India had the Songtowers shipped there.

Sarge,

Salk does make very good speakers. It is funny how often good designers use the same components - Rick Craig's Prestigo tower for example is very similar to Jim Salk's HT2.

In the end whether is it a Troels's design, or a Selah design or a Salk loudspeaker in India we will have to buy taking 2 risks (a) due to customs hassles we cannot return them and (b) due to the fact that all of these (including Dennis Murphy, Danny Richie, etc..) are unknown we dont much of a chance to audition the loudpeakers before purchase.

Sarge,

Salk does make very good speakers. It is funny how often good designers use the same components - Rick Craig's Prestigo tower for example is very similar to Jim Salk's HT2.

In the end whether is it a Troels's design, or a Selah design or a Salk loudspeaker in India we will have to buy taking 2 risks (a) due to customs hassles we cannot return them and (b) due to the fact that all of these (including Dennis Murphy, Danny Richie, etc..) are unknown we dont much of a chance to audition the loudpeakers before purchase.

Indeed! And having lived with these Seas woofers and RAAL tweeters, I don't blame them one bit :D

I know what you mean about the risk of buying without listening. I was lucky to have an owner living an hour away who let me listen to them. Made the decision so easy!

Best of luck with your search!

@ anm .... missing the name of the guy in Noida with the Salks ... had talked to him the time he had imported those. If I remember correctly, he was in the process of shifting ....

Moreover, the DIY speaker I settled for, has quite similar (if not the same) TL design of the Salktowers.

yes, his screen name was godsevil IIRC. He was in the process of shifting, and had speakers at a friend's house. Will call him tomorrow.

@ anm .... missing the name of the guy in Noida with the Salks ... had talked to him the time he had imported those. If I remember correctly, he was in the process of shifting ....

Moreover, the DIY speaker I settled for, has quite similar (if not the same) TL design of the Salktowers.

which ones?

yes, his screen name was godsevil IIRC. He was in the process of shifting, and had speakers at a friend's house. Will call him tomorrow.

Thats Godsdevil aka Deepankar. He chose to go in for Zypher Power Labs amps to power those Salk Songtowers as suggested by yours truly. Will speak to him one of these days, been out of touch for too long with so many HFV-ians, of late.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back