Speaker test tones

jaudere

Hi friends,

i have posted these links in my OB speaker tread. i thought it is more appropriate to post them here.

I found these when i was trying to find a tool to objectively evaluate my speakers

http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk/testwavs/3stepoct.zip

Audio Test Signals

with the help of these, i found that the lower end of frequency response range of my speakers is 40-50 Hz (32 Hz is barely audible, 40 is audible and 50 is loud, probably the resonating frequency of my woofer.)and upper is somewhere between 16KHz and 20KHz.
so i take my range as 45 Hz to 18000Hz. i think it is pretty decent for music.

please try this tool yourself and let me know your experiences with your speakers.

regards

Is there any test CD that has collection of sounds of most instruments used in music, like cello, organ, different types of drums? The one given my Rajiv has piano and drums.

Rajiv I have sent you PM with my email address as well.

regards

Caution - some of the tones in this CD can fry your tweeters. So do not copy all tracks to a single CD and don't leave them playing on CD player.

Caution - some of the tones in this CD can fry your tweeters. So do not copy all tracks to a single CD and don't leave them playing on CD player.

How can that happen?

PS: If you sprinkle some oil and masala on the tweeters you may be able to enjoy them later .. all will not be lost :licklips:

... Crispy fried tweeters are an audiophile delicacy .. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
read the document about how to use the CD. It says that it sends out square wave (not our friend square wave from forum) to the speakers and that can fry the tweeters.
With fried tweeters, you can still enjoy your tea, but prolly only once.

regards

regards
How can that happen?

PS: If you sprinkle some oil and masala on the tweeters you may be able to enjoy them later .. all will not be lost :licklips:

... Crispy fried tweeters are an audiophile delicacy .. :)

Cheers

Ulp!! I cancelled my download after it crossed 250mb. I dont want to take a chance with square or triangular waves. No thank you :)

Cheers

what is Ulp! ??

Ulp! = what archie (and betty and veronica and reggie) uses for OMG:)

you know, like you swallow that lump that forms in your throat when you realise that you are suddenly faced with a sticky situation

Last edited:
Ulp! = what archie (and betty and veronica and reggie) uses for OMG:)

you know, like you swallow that lump that forms in your throat when you realise that you are suddenly faced with a sticky situation

Holy cow!! You got it right!! :D

Thanks for explaining it for me :)

Cheers

hello..

If someone from tvm, or from delhi (next month im visiting) approaches me, ok. i ll give a copy, or you can try it in torrent, its available.

seven page manual also, description of all tracks

:) panxe

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back