Speaker Upgrade Sideways

My purchase was also a blind buy. But then I have been with the brand for many years.
I had the 3.6 which worked well. I felt the 3.7i would only be better. The reviews were great. So I put in an order to import.

Sorry I meant NO DEMO FOR 3.7i
Confirmed.
I wish I had read Thru what I wrote on the forum. I apologise once again.
The high cost of shipping is putting buyers off. It's a very cheap speaker realatively , fully made in the USA. In addition the smaller models are sent home for trials and the buyer only pays if he wants to keep the speaker. These are perks allowed in USA.

Sadly there is no audition for the 1.7i as well. I am very intrigued by what I hear about them. The budget, my room (no sapce for the recommended 10 m/s to first bounce from the rear for optimal performance) - I will have to have it about 2 feet / 4 ms away. But I am still very intrigued by them, even though I have not heard them :)

ciao
gr

Sorry I meant NO DEMO FOR 3.7i
Confirmed.
I wish I had read Thru what I wrote on the forum. I apologise once again.
The high cost of shipping is putting buyers off. It's a very cheap speaker realatively , fully made in the USA. In addition the smaller models are sent home for trials and the buyer only pays if he wants to keep the speaker. These are perks allowed in USA.

Sir, the high cost of shipping is because 1 unit is ordered by the distributor... The distributor is supposed to order in bulk and lower shipping costs which can then be used to offer the product at a decent price to customers.. If the distributor orders a 1 pair on advance amount received, why can't we order directly from Magnepan and remove the distributor's commission? That is my problem with Audiovision and similar distributors in the country... If they cannot order in bulk or keep adequate stock or even offer a demo then what is the point of having a distributor?

Soundcycle

Look at sealed speakers like the newly launched Proac Tablette 10 or the Signature.

Have heard good things about them from the Naim forum

Regards

Sir, the high cost of shipping is because 1 unit is ordered by the distributor... The distributor is supposed to order in bulk and lower shipping costs which can then be used to offer the product at a decent price to customers.. If the distributor orders a 1 pair on advance amount received, why can't we order directly from Magnepan and remove the distributor's commission? That is my problem with Audiovision and similar distributors in the country... If they cannot order in bulk or keep adequate stock or even offer a demo then what is the point of having a distributor?

It might be a little difficult for you to understand, until you actually try your hand at international distribution Of high-end audio products in India, Which we have been doing for nearly 25 years. Supply is relative to demand, Magnepan, Which is an excellent brand faces certain challenges in the Indian market such as size and placement requirements. Due to this the uplift of product is comparatively moderate and does not justify ordering dozens of speakers at a time. Most international manufacturing companies of repute would not be interested in dealing with individual customers and shipping out single loudspeakers at a time, as also consequently servicing them. In most cases we have had Magnepan Speakers available on demo.

It might be a little difficult for you to understand, until you actually try your hand at international distribution Of high-end audio products in India, Which we have been doing for nearly 25 years. Supply is relative to demand, Magnepan, Which is an excellent brand faces certain challenges in the Indian market such as size and placement requirements. Due to this the uplift of product is comparatively moderate and does not justify ordering dozens of speakers at a time. Most international manufacturing companies of repute would not be interested in dealing with individual customers and shipping out single loudspeakers at a time, as also consequently servicing them. In most cases we have had Magnepan Speakers available on demo.

This is really understandable as for speakers like that. Hardly 10 units or less will be sold in a year. If by the end of the year you sold only 5, and a new model comes up, customers would only want the new, because they live only by reviews. Discounting the 'old' model is always a loss. Staying in hifi business in India is still hard. I have a friend in Kerala who is a dealer, from what I know unless he does hometheater installation, he hardly gets a reasonable margin out of the equipment he sells. India is still not a mature market for HiFi to expect european like customer service and product line. I really wanted to start out a dealer ship some years back, now that I know the hardships I wont even bother to try.

Dear Sir, I may not be in the hifi business but I am a distributor for certain products and have been importing goods from all over the world and therefore understand a bit how things work, margins, shipping, customs etc etc... When I started out, there was no market for the products I deal in and I have had to go out and create customers over the last 10 years.. A number of manufacturing companies of repute now ship products directly online as there are sure of their product quality build.. In any case, Magnepan ships a single product to you everytime you place an order so I don't think that is a bother... Finally it is your business and your choice how to run your business and whom to sell but as a customer I too have a choice to buy a product from wherever I deem fit.. Anyways there is a huge interest in Magnepan and will always be based on their sound quality and different design philosophy. Upto you to harness that interest...

Even Magnepan ships and sells it's products to individuals within the US. at the same price that dealers sell. The pricing in India seems way over priced for the end product, which is in reality a deterrent for many aspirants ( customers), leading to fewer sales, let alone unavailability of auditioning any given speakers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back