Speakers and Turntable for a vintage amp

Appy12

Hi guys. I am a new member of this forum.
Please help me decide upon a turntable and a suitable pair of speakers for the Sony STR-7055A.
My budget is 1L.
I prefer used. New is fine as well.
I listen to R&B, Pop, Synthwave, Rock and Soul.
I prefer slightly bright sound with nice details at low volume listening.
Would really appreciate some help.
P.S- How would the Elac 6.2 Bookshelves fare?

Last edited:
Hi guys. I am a new member of this forum.
Please help me decide upon a turntable and a suitable pair of speakers for the Sony STR-7055A.
My budget is 1L.
I prefer used. New is fine as well.
I listen to R&B, Pop, Synthwave, Rock and Soul.
I prefer slightly bright sound with nice details at low volume listening.
Would really appreciate some help.
P.S- How would the Elac 6.2 Bookshelves fare?
I have been using a Elac B6.2 for the last 3 years and I confidently say those are not made for music with clear highs and mids. The bass drivers can indeed get low but can’t give you the clarity you expect.
Of course these are legend AJ speakers but even they need to compromise on certain components to offer the speakers to the mass market at an affordable price.
whils I still say Elac’s are good I can’t get away without saying about an Indian brand Indiq. I went auditioning their speakers are loved it so much that I placed an order the and day and waiting for it.
for me when i listen to music it needs to be banlanced with great highs, deep lows and excellent vocals and their speakers ticks all boxes. It’s built by a passionate person with years of experience in building performance speakers.
I am not saying their entire range if speakers are good but their Platinum Achal’s and gold book shelves are just out of the box.
they are so nice that you just feel like they need to only sing and sing. It’s extremely crystal clear. I have not auditioned their Platinum Bookshelves so I don’t know how it’s is but their gold Floor Standers are average. May the placement of the speakers made me feel that way. While the highs and mids are good it’s did lack the punch from the 8” bass driver. But the Platinum series Achal was in a different league all together. I just like them so much that I can speak about it for hours.
those speakers can really bring up the goose bumps when you get them to sing your favourite song.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back