Speakers for Arcam A19 Stereo Amp

best option is Concept 40
concept40-black.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Oracle & maxpro!
Room size is about 14*14...flex on the budget.
I listen essentially to classic rock / acoustics / soft rock etc

Hi,

Try Focal 700 series or Quads or B&Ws if budget permits......The key is to audition as many brands as possible to decide on the best.....carry your own type of music and demo the required speakers....end of the day, it's your ears that will decide for you and not our suggestions......

Last year I set out to buy Book Shelves speakers and ended up buying Floor Standers ! So don't rule out FS over BS. Both are good and the most important aspect is that you should like their sound signature. Some have detail, some have bass , some are warm etc. Also don't forget to add the cost of stands for book shelves when doing a cost comparison.

MA Rx6 FS pairs well with Arcam A19. Have been using this combo past 1 year and am happy about it. Of course its my personal opinion and your auditions will guide you best.

All the best.

First decide on the budget for the speakers. Explore options for buying pre-owned stuff since this is probably your first two channel set-up. You dont need to build a super system in one go. Take your time, do your auditions and then decide.

BS will be better suited for a 14x14 room. If you have the budget try auditioning the Monitor Audio Gold series BS. They sounded very well with Arcam A19 to me. So does the Dali Ikon series. My audtions with Arcam were limited to these two speakers.

Good luck.

Came across the below in one of the FAQ sheets for Arcam. ( One british company promoting another :) )

"Does Arcam recommend any particular brand of speakers?

We do not recommend any particular loudspeakers as your dealer is in a much better position to do this and also to demonstrate them to you. However, we have found that speakers from most British manufacturers work very well with Arcam products, such as Ruark, Tannoy, Mission, KEF, ProAc, B&W, Acoustic Energy, Monitor Audio, Mordaunt Short,Wharfedale, and Castle. Our advice is to audition a few pairs of speakers on your dealer's recommendation and choose the ones which sound best to you."

@bhuvkalra--BTW: There are no responses from you after the first post. Are you there??

Thanks for all your advice and info guys...has been very helpful.
As of now, I have decided to go for the Monitor Audio BX6 or RX6 whichever sounds better to me. Should hopefully audition the RX6 in a few days.
Thanks!

I have the ARCAM A19 paired with Quad 11L Classic BS . I am very happy with the synergy between the two :)
Thanks
~m

Hi,
Have been reading this thread with a lot of interest since I have also decided to purchase the Arcam A19. Had a demo of the amp at Harmonie Audio, Kolkata with Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers and was sufficiently impressed. Mr. Vasu was very patient and accommodating. However I felt that the speakers could do with a bit more bass. Otherwise the presentation was open, revealing and musical. Speakers also did the disappearing act quite well. Cost of the matching stands is another matter altogether.
Has anyone heard this amp with the B&W 685 S2? I think this speaker may be a good match to the Arcam.

Hi aku
i heard the Q Acoustics Concept 40..very nice speakers I thought (they've presumably won some awards too)..very clear sound...excellent for mid/hi freq. I personally am looking for something a tad more wholesome espl in terms of bass. I plan to pair the A19 with either Mon Aud BX6 or RX6.

I found Arcam to be quite laid back, so brighter sounding speakers should match better.
Heard the Arcam with a model of Triangle bookshelves at SKS in Kolkata and sounded really great.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back