Speakers for Corolla Altis

ValueChanakya

Hi friends,

Bought a 2012 Corolla Altis. It has six speakers, 6.5 components in the front and 6x9 in the back tray. Not happy with the sound quality and wish to upgrade from the stock speakers and do not wish to upgrade the stock Toyota HU, which works fine.
Earlier when I changed in Honday city, I had to end up upgrading the HU also. Changed the speakers to Infinity components and duals in the back, the HU was so poor that changed that to Sony display unit with Sony phone support and was happy with the sound quality.
Two points that I need your thoughts on:
1. What speakers would work well with stock HU
2. While the amp would help, is it really required

My budget is 20-30k max, and am looking at Boston Acoustics (available really cheap but no components), Focal around 15k, but am open to others which drive at low power of HU.
I play Indian classical mostly or instrumental, apart from Ghazals and Sufi.

Hi friends,

Bought a 2012 Corolla Altis. It has six speakers, 6.5 components in the front and 6x9 in the back tray. Not happy with the sound quality and wish to upgrade from the stock speakers and do not wish to upgrade the stock Toyota HU, which works fine.
Earlier when I changed in Honday city, I had to end up upgrading the HU also. Changed the speakers to Infinity components and duals in the back, the HU was so poor that changed that to Sony display unit with Sony phone support and was happy with the sound quality.
Two points that I need your thoughts on:
1. What speakers would work well with stock HU
2. While the amp would help, is it really required

My budget is 20-30k max, and am looking at Boston Acoustics (available really cheap but no components), Focal around 15k, but am open to others which drive at low power of HU.
I play Indian classical mostly or instrumental, apart from Ghazals and Sufi.
Guys, please help. I have narrowed down to focal 690ix on the rear and is 165 components in the front. Just worried about the power. If anyone has used these with low power heads, please let e know the experience. Thanks

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050L using Tapatalk

Back