Speakers for getting audio from 3 devices

uttamsaxena

I have three entertainment equipments at my home - 1. Xtreamer Pro, 2. DVD Player with 5.1 audio & optical audio out and 3. Xbox.

I am watching the video on a samsung LCD panel. However till now I am listening the audio through TV speakers. Now I want to buy a decent 5.1 audio speaker system (but not a very hi-end one).

So, Please suggest me a decent 5.1 ch spk system through which I could connect my all the three euipments with this 5.1 spk simultaneously, without the hassel of changing audio connections.

regards

Since you say you need a decent 5.1 audio speaker system.
I would recommend Logitech z5500. It has inbuilt DTS/Dolby
decoding capabilities. Active - so no need for external amp.
It has 2 digital (one co-axial, one optical) and 3 stereo
inputs.

You can change the inputs using the remote supplied.

People have bought it recently between 15 - 17k.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mr Sivakaru,

This indeed helped me. A further suggestion would be more helpful. I want to connect 2 devices with digital optical (xtreamer pro & DVD) and the Xbox has AV. In furture I may have the game console also with digital audio.

I think in the speaker suggested by you, I need to manually switch the digital optical cables. So kindly let me know if a speaker system with min 2 digital optical inputs (or more) is available? Little increase in budget for the feature is aceptable.

Thanks a lot again for valuable help & regards.

Last edited:
Any 5.1 AVR with component or HDMI connections should suffice.

I have three entertainment equipments at my home - 1. Xtreamer Pro, 2. DVD Player with 5.1 audio & optical audio out and 3. Xbox.

I am watching the video on a samsung LCD panel. However till now I am listening the audio through TV speakers. Now I want to buy a decent 5.1 audio speaker system (but not a very hi-end one).

So, Please suggest me a decent 5.1 ch spk system through which I could connect my all the three euipments with this 5.1 spk simultaneously, without the hassel of changing audio connections.

regards

^^ just get a local Optical Switcher with 3 inputs and 1 output and u r all set.The only downside is that u have to manually turn the knob to select the preferred source, but that wasn't a dealbreaker at all for me since its not a frequent procedure.

l34ak.jpg

^^ cool. How much did this cost you?. Pointers to where from you bought
it also would help others.

Thank you.

^^ just get a local Optical Switcher with 3 inputs and 1 output and u r all set.

The OP states

you cannot setup speakers with the switch!

Any 5.1 AVR with component or HDMI connections should suffice.

1. Marsilians, Thanks. Which AVR would you suggest for my purpose? Price?

2. Is there no 5.1 speaker system available with more digital inputs?

3. Lastly, I can compromise on optical audio switcher. Where is this available? Is there any brand? Price?

Thanks all for the help.

Dear All,

I read a lot of threads similar to my requirement and found this forum excellent in providing knowledge and sharing experiences.

Now I have decided along the following lines and need your suggestions on same -

1. I would go for an AV receiver. Budget : below 20 K.

2. A set of 5.1 speakers: Budget below 20 K.

Kindly suggest me model/brand, Approximate price, source for purchase (online purchase or in Lucknow/Delhi) for both the above items.

Thanks

Dear All,

I read a lot of threads similar to my requirement and found this forum excellent in providing knowledge and sharing experiences.

Now I have decided along the following lines and need your suggestions on same -

1. I would go for an AV receiver. Budget : below 20 K.

2. A set of 5.1 speakers: Budget below 20 K.

Kindly suggest me model/brand, Approximate price, source for purchase (online purchase or in Lucknow/Delhi) for both the above items.

Thanks

Hai Mate,
Since U have changed ur decision, U may consider a HTiB - a composite set receiver, speakers & sub. Plz follow the links.....

1) Todoroki - Home Entertainment Systems
2) http://www.yamahamusicindia.com/products/products.aspx?CategoryId=6 &SubCategoryId=19

I think it will help U.

You could look for Onkyo 3300 - 25K. Very much suitable for your requirement and within bugget. This system will be suitable for a room around 200 sq ft.

You could look for Onkyo 3300 - 25K. Very much suitable for your requirement and within bugget. This system will be suitable for a room around 200 sq ft.

Thanks everyone for the help. What I learnt from the suggestions is that an HTiB suits me best. I am seriously considering Onkyo 3300, but before going for a purchase, I would like to seek help on a few points as I am very new to audio HT systems.

1. Will I be able to use the AV receiver of Onkyo 3300 (in future, when I will shift my setup in a big hall 25' x 15' and have more budget:)) with a better set of speakers as Mission or Wharfedale (according to money vailable with me in future). Obviously set of attached equipment will remain the same in future i.e. Xtreamer Pro, Game Console, DVD Player & DTH box.

2. So, who are the sellers who can provide me this on line or in New Delhi, as I feel it may not be available in Lucknow. I could found only ONKYO HTS-3200 HT for Rs 27000 on ebay.in which seems an older model with a higher price. (Here)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I came across 1 Yamaha RX-V465 Receiver (with Remote) & 1 Set of Yamaha NS-P110 5.1 Channel Speakers (1 Pair Front + 1 Center + 1 Pair Surround + 1 Active Subwoofer) being sold on ebay for 27 k.

Can any one of you guide me about Onkyo 3300 v/s this Yamaha combination i.e. which one is better as for as sound quality & features are concerned? Prices of both are almost same.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back