Speakers for Indian music --Jamos???

vivemtu

Hello everyone,
I am in the quest to setup a new music system. With the many options available, i am totally confused. I was actually looking at the Jamo C809, which sounded good.
The main genre of music I listen to is Indian classical and contemporary. At times, I also listen to Western music. I think midrange is really important in Indian classicals. Do you recommend this speaker (Jamo C809)? Or are there other recommendations.
Which amp/receiver combination will be killer for the Jamo C809? I was thinking of using a separate amplifier for the fronts and driving the rear and surrounds with a receiver. Is this a good idea?
Any one currently using the Jamo C809's...
thanks a lot for your advice.

Hello everyone,
I am in the quest to setup a new music system. With the many options available, i am totally confused. I was actually looking at the Jamo C809, which sounded good.
The main genre of music I listen to is Indian classical and contemporary. At times, I also listen to Western music. I think midrange is really important in Indian classicals. Do you recommend this speaker (Jamo C809)? Or are there other recommendations.
Which amp/receiver combination will be killer for the Jamo C809? I was thinking of using a separate amplifier for the fronts and driving the rear and surrounds with a receiver. Is this a good idea?

I haven't audition Jamo c809, so cant comment...Also what is your budget for AMP? I am not an expert but Marantz Sr-4003 (I own this amp), Sr-5003 AVR would be a good choice when paired up with JAMO.

Hello everyone,

before buying any costly speaker, please do try open baffles with philips full range drivers(Hi-Q). the spekers will cost you rs 2500 (2 drivers for rs 500) and woodwork rs 2000.sems too cheap to work, isn't it? but it works very well. advising this especially because you are interested in classical music.

about jamo, i have heard C405 for indian classical. i liked them.

I got the Audire single driver fullrange speakers esp to listen to Indian music.

I would really recommend them.

You dont need 4speakers to listen to music.

Regards

I have only heard the Jamo C405 and possibly the 605 (not sure). I heard them with Marantz receivers and integrated amps and together they made a great pair for both Indian film music as well as classical.

I got the Audire single driver fullrange speakers esp to listen to Indian music.

I would really recommend them.

You dont need 4speakers to listen to music.

Regards

what is the cost?(approx without any discount u may have availed)

Hello everyone,

its sure is a good idea ,i have the complete jamo C809 speaker pack, my onkyo 875AVR doesnt drive these power hungry c809s to its full , so its driven by the vincent SP331MK power amp, centre driven by the carver TFM35X @ mono mode and the sorround L/R also driven by another carver TFM35X , the AVR acts only as a processor and it drives my 2 rear spkrs ------for the C809s dont ever think of an AVR ,go by a powerful pre/power combo (for music) -----these spkrs are suited for all kinds of music ,but do take care of your room as these are huge and need a lot of space around them /if placed in a small room they may sound a little bright and boomy

I have only heard the Jamo C405 and possibly the 605 (not sure). I heard them with Marantz receivers and integrated amps and together they made a great pair for both Indian film music as well as classical.

Yes, I have auditioned C405, it sounded well with Indian classical, the vocals were very clear.

if its indian classical that youre looking at imo there should be some warmth in your setup since the highs can be a little too sharp and will cause listening fatigue. personally in a set up i believe that the speakers must be neutral and you play around with different characteristics of amps to suit your personal needs

Hello everybody,
I feel that this is one of the few forums where members actively participate and post valuable feedback.
Mr. Subash, who is a member of this forum, has guided me well on Jamo C809 speakers. I also thank everyone else for helping me out. I am only concerned if the Jamo's are too neutral. Other than that, I am looking to buy the Jamo C809 fronts with a Vincent SP331 amplifier.
Cheers

Hello everybody,
I feel that this is one of the few forums where members actively participate and post valuable feedback.
Mr. Subash, who is a member of this forum, has guided me well on Jamo C809 speakers. I also thank everyone else for helping me out. I am only concerned if the Jamo's are too neutral. Other than that, I am looking to buy the Jamo C809 fronts with a Vincent SP331 amplifier.
Cheers

imo the speakers must be neutral. its the amp that should lend its characteristics to suit your personal taste

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back