Speakers for Krell Amplifier

gnanasekhar

Hi,
Please suggest me a pair of Floor Standing Speakers to pair with KRELL Pre-Power amplifiers.
Thanks in advance.

Sonus Faber Aida

Tidal Sunray

Evolution Acoustics MMSeven

Von Schweikert VR11 SE

Avalon Acoustics Sentinel

Raido Acoustics C 4.1

Vivid Audio Giya G1

A budget would be highly appreciated as well as room dimensions as well as the exact Krell amps / Pre

It depends up on your listening tastes. If you want warm mellowing sound you can go for good bookshelf speaker on stand Dali mentor 2 or ATC or B&W 685 or 805. If want a good mid range clarity speaker you can go for spendor Or Ls3/5a built up speakers. If you want good speaker punchy speaker you can go for Monitor audio gold or above or Jm lab or Klipsch. Some may since Klipsch is more sensitive it will not match with Krell. With matching speaker wire you can get good dynamic sound from Klipsch. My FPB 200 is very excellent in fine hf to good mid frequency. When it comes to bass it needs a high sens speakers or towers. In one of my friends house I heard through a vintage Jbl 10 inch woofer system the bass was amazing totally great, Thanks. I found My Accuphase e 303x and Krell Fpb 200 are totally different in quality.

Room dimension: 17x11x10 L W H
Pre amplifier: Krell KRC-2
Power Amp. : Krell RSA-200s
thanks

Hey! what are you using them with at the moment? What is the music that you usually listen to? Do you have a price point?
All the best
Cheers

Room dimension: 17x11x10 L W H
Pre amplifier: Krell KRC-2
Power Amp. : Krell RSA-200s
Thanks
Right place to start.
We have the room size.
Now :-
Musical Preference
Budget
These 2 will help a lot in suggesting.
Do you want 'new' or 'used'
Will you buy it locally or get it from abroad ?
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/56516-speakers-krell-amplifier.html#post639852
These may be a bit over the top of the Pre & Power that are in use - just my humble opinion...

Hi,
At present I'm running it with Vianna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand Speakers. The Power amp. is KSA 200s actually. I have a budget of 1.5L and I prefer used speakers. Mostly I listen to Orchestral Music and Folk songs. Thanks.

Last edited:
It depends up on your listening tastes. If you want warm mellowing sound you can go for good bookshelf speaker on stand Dali mentor 2 or ATC or B&W 685 or 805. If want a good mid range clarity speaker you can go for spendor Or Ls3/5a built up speakers. If you want good speaker punchy speaker you can go for Monitor audio gold or above or Jm lab or Klipsch. Some may since Klipsch is more sensitive it will not match with Krell. With matching speaker wire you can get good dynamic sound from Klipsch. My FPB 200 is very excellent in fine hf to good mid frequency. When it comes to bass it needs a high sens speakers or towers. In one of my friends house I heard through a vintage Jbl 10 inch woofer system the bass was amazing totally great, Thanks. I found My Accuphase e 303x and Krell Fpb 200 are totally different in quality.

Hey you have 801 series 80's.
I just picked up a 802 series 2 set.
I also got a THX PCS8 sub set, and 1 FCM8 which I am using as a center.
I like it, its by far the most precise speaker I have ever heard. It will reveal any flaws in anything in the entire chain.
Even in amps built nearly identically. Nak PA7 vs adcom 5802. Its pretty glaringly different, on every other speaker I have tried, it will be too close to call.
Cool.
Srinath.

My Pre Amplifier is KRELL KRC-2 and Power Amplifier is Krell KSA 200s and my budget for the speakers are 1.5 L. Thanks.

Hi,
At present I'm running it with Vianna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand Speakers. The Power amp. is KSA 200s actually. I have a budget of 1.5L and I prefer used speakers. Mostly I listen to Orchestral Music and Folk songs. Thanks.

Super Speaker.

DO NOT CHANGE !

Please..
Work on the placement & Room.

Keep the speaker 5 feet from rear wall & 3 feet from side walls at least

Point of 1st reflection - put a mid band absorber.
Treat the corners.

Your sound will improve.

Do not spend money on new speakers - you do no not need it.

Cables / Power etc. Spend a bit on that. Will make a huge change.:licklips:

Agree with bhagwan. Not sure if at a budget of 1.5L you could do better, even if you buy a used one & esp for western classical. What is it you are missing? why do you want to change them?
All the best.
Cheers

Have a Krell 400xi Integrated. Running them with Dyn Focus 140 . While it was great in my older apartment whcih had a smaller room I now Need to migrate to floor standers. Room size is about 20Feet wide, 15 feet long and 10 feet high. Mostly hear vocals ( Jazz vocals ,Hindustani /western classical and a lot of 80s ( i guess i hear everything except country,hip hop and techno ). Some have suggested a sub instead of floor standers . I did try a velodyne Impact 12 ( i think it was ) but mostly screwed up the soundstage.
Budget is flexible..

Last edited:
best will be to take your amp to the prominent dealerships in delhi and listen to as many speakers as you can.

You know most of the brands out there..

maybe a dynaudio floorstander itself will serve you well.

PS : ported subwoofers are not recommended for stereo listening

regards

Unless you are hooked on to the Krell, look at tubes for your kind of listening tastes.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back