Speakers for Marantz NR1402 (Demo piece)

hridyesh10

Hey Everyone!
I recently had a chance to audition Marantz NR1402 with BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS 5.1.I liked it very much especially marantz.Its was a demo piece, but it is falling within my need and fitting in pocket.
I am thinking of of buying it, however I would prefer either a good pair of bookshelf/centre speaker to start with.I can also try to audition some tower speakers as well later on to be added to my system.But I have seen some very mixed versions of nr1402's capability to power a good pair of tower speaker.:confused::confused:
So right now I could try to start with a good pair of bookshelf and add rest of the components later.I like to hear my music in quality formats like FLAV/WAV which I have got in plenty on my Cowon J3/Z2.I also got a collections of about 5TB of HD movies (Downloaded ofcourse) mostly in 1080p format(more than 20GB each) which I love enjoying on my weekoffs.
So my usage would fall something like as follows:
Music (from Cowon) : 20%
Movies : 50%
Tata Sky HD: 30%

On the speaker side the Bostons's that I auditioned were really good but considering my living room sizing roughly 18x11 to 15x11 I have some doubts about it.
If I keep my budget at Rs25000 for a pair of bookshelfs, Would be able to own Wharfedale Diamond 10.1/10.2 or Klipsch Synergy B20 on any other?
Because although my Marantz could be a basic AVR but at last it would be speakers in my system that would server the punch so I would go for good brands/performers.Friends!!! Help me starting my HT with good speakers so that I could impress my Home Minister(My wife) to finance for rest of the components.
My budget for a pair of bookshelf would be from 25k to 30K (beyond that I am dead).If you good guys have suggestions for floor standings as well that would be welcome because Ye Dil Always Maange More!!!
I am hungry for your suggestions and I apologise for missing out any information.
I would keep updating.
Thank You Guys!!! ;);)

+1 for Dali Zensor 1, I use it with the same AVR...perfect match!
Throw in Dali Zensor Vokal and a sub and you're good to go!

Audition with Wharfedale Diamond 10.1, Tannoy F1, Q Acoustics 2020i and Boston Acoustics A26 and Usher S520 (all amazing) if possible...should all lie within your budget. I picked Zensor for the clarity and cleanness, but you might like something else based on your preference.

for movies, i love the bookshelf+sub+center combo from dali more than BA A26..BA sounded fuller and louder I think but Zensor gave a clear, detailed effect.

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 is amazing and well loved, but the midrange is a bit colored on the warm end, which falls to personal choice.

If you're open to importing, and looking for excellent HT, the HSU bookshelves are supposed to be great according to AVSforum people, so keep that option open. Enjoy your auditions!

Hey Everyone!
Yesterday I finalised the deal for Marantz NR1402 @ Rs 21980 and its at home now.
Now the hunt for good pair of bookshelfs/Floor Standing speakers would be on.

Thanks csd508868306kant & oswalakhil for your valuable suggestion!!
I certainly be able to audition Dali zensor.I am already in touch with a store
in Noida dealing primarily in Dali,Klipsch,Magnat,Infinity,Anthony Galo,Jamo,JBL & Polks.
I am not sure if its would be able to fascilitate Wharfedale for auditioning.
For that I might have to drive miles in whole Delhi NCR as most of those stores are scaterred
very far from my place.
Although I have seen countless of reviews for all those online
and I really value the suggestions received on this forum but
I would still do the needful for auditioning all those.

Any suggestions/advice for floor standers would also be welcomed.
Thank You once again!!!
I would keep updating

That's an insane deal for the 1402..congrats! The closest in the line up now costs over 40k for very little upgrade.

Are you specifically looking for floorstanders? Imho that might not be the best way to go with this budget at this point. What will your major use be?
The three fs that come to mind are cambridge audio s(50/70 don't remember), pioneer sp52 (exceptional) and boston a250.
But you might be better going for better bs than fs at this range

Thanks oswalakhil!
The unit that I brought was actually a Demo piece at Reliance Digital Sore which was hardly auditioned by cutomer due to lack of information.I got whole accesories as wells as 1 year warranty on product(from the date of purchase)
I am thankful that you are advising me to get best out of my budget.However do you think a Bookshelf/Centre pair would be able to throw a thumping response during movies?
If it can fill my 18x11 living room well then I would the happiest person.
Really can't wait to audition those speakers you adviced!!!

My Dali Zensor 1 and Vokal are setup in a 11x20 room. I use a Velodyne sub alongside, and they definitely fill the room with thump. But I do advise you get a good subwoofer too. the Velo matches very neatly with the Zensor, so I never felt the lack of floorstanders.
If you're looking for a movie setup, you can also go for the cheaper but amazing Pioneer Andrew Jones line as well, with a better subwoofer than the Pioneer. It should work well with the Marantz but I only heard it with a Pioneer, and it sounded Very good. Lacked in detail and the neutrality of the Dali for me, but for movies I think its just as good.

Hey Guys!

I would be looking for Dalli Zensor 3 & Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 to start with my speakers.
Does somebody have any glimpse on current price & availability of Dali Zensor1,3 in Delhi NCR?

Hey Guys!
Yesterday I finalized & booked for Dali Zensor-3 from TopGizmo Noida Sector-18.
The audition was fairly pleasant as I was pretty content with sound I was getting from Zensor-3.I decided not to audition further and finalized the deal as Dali was working for me and were already surpassing my expectations.I wasn't sure if I would be able to judge the different sound signatures of various other reputed speaker brands.

The got Dali Zensor-3 for Rs 30000 (pair), which was quite upto my expectation.

Now my further worries are to manage the cable clutters, power stabilization and speaker placement.I am seeing some products from MX-MdrTechnologies for cable management which could be quite helpful to manage cables in a clean way.
What I worry most about is what kind of Power Stabilization should I use?
I am already using a GM 6 socket Spike Guard and connecting My 32 inch Samsung LDC, WDTV Live Hub & tata Sky STB right now.And my AVR (Marantz nr1402) is going to be used on same spike guard.
I want to know if that would to sufficient enough because in my township we havn't really seen any high voltage fluctuations even during summer night.But switching in-between power backup and regular supply happens quite frequently and abruptly, which I see as a problem.
I want my devices to be safe.Plz suggest some options.

Also want to know if wall mounting would be good idea for Dali Zensor-3 (rear ported) or I should use any stand/shelf to mount it?Reason for wall mounting is my 2.5 years daughter who is in Turbo Mode all the time(even while at sleep).She enjoys music a lot and likes to break her jump record all the time.Plz suggest if there are some cheap options for Speaker stands suitable for Dali Zensor-3.
Thanks in advance!!!

Let me specify my questions once again:
A. What I worry most about is what kind of Power Stabilization should I use?
B. Also want to know if wall mounting would be good idea for Dali Zensor-3 (rear ported) or I should use any stand/shelf to mount it?

Great choice! I personally love the Zensor/Marantz combo! The Zensor 1 are built as surrounds, and being rear ported are fit to be wall mounted..however I prefered mine on stands, the bass response did change for me that way. The Zensor 3 being even bigger might be better on dedicated stands. Also, this way you get to change the position at will!

Thanks oswalakhil!
I am ordering for Nexus Speaker Stand from SoundFoundation.
Now my more worries would be for Cable & Power Management.
Does anybody have idea of a good VFM UPS for audio equipments or Home Theatres specifically?Please let me know.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back