Speakers for MARANTZ SR5400

czarofindia

Hi friends,

I am still looking for speakers for my 2nd hand receiver MARANTZ SR 5400. (Looooong time):sad:
My patience is turning to desperation. I now short listed some options all used speakers since I am on a budget. Require your invaluable advice in selecting speakers. Out of this I prefer going in for a 5.1 in one go provided my budget suits this.

My options.

1. POLK AUDIO 2 floor standing, 2 rear and 1 centre... (Approx 45000).
2. ONKYO 7.1 130 watts per channel ( approx 15000)
3. Wharfdale 9.1 diamond bookshelf ( approx 11000)
4. Ales is monitor one series studio monitor 1 pair (approx 13000)
5. Mission 5.1 MV DS 4 MV C MS 8) ( approx 18000)
6. Mission 702e ( approx 14000).
7. Cadence model is 208 ( approx 15000).

If u suggest that the polk is a once in a lifetime offer I will go for it. Otherwise I prefer to set up the 5.1 one at a time. All are used ones. Please suggest the best value for money offer and how much should I bargain for the selected speakers?..

Please help....:sad:

Hi czarofindia,

You would need to ensure that the impedance of the speakers you are going to purchase is same or higher than the impedance of the Marantz SR5400. This will help in avoiding over heating and other technical related issues....secondly you need to ensure that the sensitivity levels of the speakers are 88db or higher...this helps in putting less strain on the AVR and ensures good output....The most important factor is to ensure that speakers perform across all frequencies between 20hz - 20khz....this is very important...you should look for speakers or HT packs who cover almost all frequencies.....

Depending on the room size, you need to decide if you want to go for satellites or bookshelf or floor standing speakers.....It is always better to consider speakers which output 25-60% higher watts RMS than the AVR. For example, I use a Marantz NR 1402 with Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 in a 250 sq ft area and enjoy a good experience with the volume just 40%.

Marantz works well with Bostons / B&W, Some models of Polk (RTi A5 / A7), Wharfedale etc....it all depends on what appeals to you in terms of looks, performance and budget...

The Heard of any home theatre is the centre speaker and the subwoofer...These need to be of best quality as they are the ones who would be doing all the performance work in a 5.1 setup. The fronts & rear speakers are just passengers who will provide support.

If you are using floor standing front speakers, there is no need for a subwoofer unless you want to enjoy a good punchy thump in sound and depth in music punch...Depending on your budget, you can add a subwoofer later...

A good bookshelf pack of Boston's is the A2310HTS, there is the floor standing pack A360, Polks have the RM6750 and so on.....you can also do a mix and match of different brands and models to complete the set up...only thing ensure that the technical aspects are kept in mind.

You should audition as many speakers as possible which are within your budget and decide what appeals to you....any good home theatre system should have good speakers as this is a one time investment...with changing formats..you would keep changing your AVR but not speakers and so it is better to invest a decent amount on speakers....fortunately there are tons of reviews and videos available on internet for you to see and read the experience of other users across the world....

Hope this helps...

Hi,
Get audition of Polk's RTI series, pair nice with Marantz for 5.1,but not as good for Sterio

rgds,
andi

generally you want to pair warmer AVRs with brighter speakers and vice versa. Marantz being warmer would pair well with brighter speakers. However, this is just a guideline not a rule. You should demo with various speaker options and then decide.

If u love music too...do consider speaker which will do a bit of justice for music

I have quad 11l classic for sale..I heard them with marantz .,, they sing beautiful

you can also do a mix and match of different brands and models to complete the set up...only thing ensure that the technical aspects are kept in mind.
w24mVL

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back