Speakers for New Dzire VDI

r_s_dhar

Hello,

I am going to buy the New Dzire VDI soon. Can somebody please
1. suggest the speaker sizes for the front and the back doors? What are the sizes (in inches) of the speakers for the front and and the back door?
2. Can the company fitted Nippon head unit drive a pair of front component speakers satisfactorily (just two-way)?

If these questions have been already answered, please direct me to the the post. Thank.

Thanks for the reply, vstereo. I am not looking at the issue from the budgetary point of view (that comes in any way in the end); I am beginning by installing 2-way components in the front doors and then triaxials or coaxials in the back door. the New Dzire VDI has not provision for shelf speakers. I do not require the earth-shaking subs as I generally listen to only classical music and audio books. For classical music dynamic range is important and low frequency requirements stop at 50-60 Hz. I might change the head only if it is absolutely necessary. During the test drive I found the Head unit and the stock speakers just tolerable and felt that the situation for me might improve dramatically only by a change of speakers. Just for the speakers, I am willing to spend up to 15-20 thousand.

I have now come to know that the new Dzire VDI has 6 inch cut out for speakers in the the front and back doors. Would it be possible to mount a 6X9 triaxial on the 6 inch cut out?
Thanks.

First why the new Dzire? I recently sat in one and found it to be very noisy. So I guess along with components you need to put in some sound proofing too.

Coming to the system, You will need an Amp for sure. No OE head unit can drive a speaker as well as one connected to an Amp. You can look for an amp with line level inputs. I think Hertz has one and Maruti has OE cabling for it which will make it a plug and play setup without voiding your warranty. Get components in the front and 6x9 coaxials at the rear. You can skip the Sub for now and take a call on it later if your setup and you need one. Try to audition the speakers either at dealers or in your friends cars before deciding on a brand.

All said, the first step would be to Find a reliable and trusted installer. See what all he stocks and then decide on your choices. Not all dealers stock all brands and models. So its important to pick from what the installer has and whether he can procure a model not in his stock.

MaSh

Check the specs of the Head available in the Dzire and then accordingly look for speakers that would match...these would be rated 4 ohms for sure,,,,need to know the output......you can also add external amp...place under one of the seats to get decent punch and output....

Look for speakers which can get as close as possible to 35/40hz and on higher side 22khz ..... Focal, Pioneer, Sony are known for good performance....

Audition with the dealers these speakers with a similar head or amp and make a proper decision...dont rush......use your music as a reference

Thanks, MaSh and efernand1. Currently I am driving Ford Figo Diesel and found the new Dzire quieter; surprised to hear that it is noisier! I shall definitely consider this. As I made clear in my last post, I listen to classical music and audio books. Hence thumping bass and a separate amp for that is not necessary for my. Any head unit with 30+ RMS can drive the components satisfactorily. As you know, the passive crossovers only dissipate the output of the amp slightly. That is no problem for classical music. Can any one of you please suggest a very good "fill" speaker for the rear doors (not co- or triaxials, but just a very good allrounder -- price no problem)?

Thanks, MaSh and efernand1. Currently I am driving Ford Figo Diesel and found the new Dzire quieter; surprised to hear that it is noisier! I shall definitely consider this. As I made clear in my last post, I listen to classical music and audio books. Hence thumping bass and a separate amp for that is not necessary for my. Any head unit with 30+ RMS can drive the components satisfactorily. As you know, the passive crossovers only dissipate the output of the amp slightly. That is no problem for classical music. Can any one of you please suggest a very good "fill" speaker for the rear doors (not co- or triaxials, but just a very good allrounder -- price no problem)?

You really think an OE head unit will give you 30w RMS? It won't give you even half of it. An amp will drive the speaker to its potential and that's across the frequency range not just for low-end. Hence suggested to get just speakers and not a sub.

You need to visit the dealers and listen to various speakers to get the right signature you want. Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, JBL are the brands I would look into. Stay away from anything Sony in car audio.

I drive a Figo too, a 2014 model. You want to give up the brilliant handling of the Ford? Why not the newer Ford's ? Maruti could be discontinuing the MJD engine either this year or next.
When are you taking delivery of the car?

MaSh

Last edited:
MaSh,
Thanks for the reply; My dear figo will remain in the family, only I did not want another Ford. Besides Ford service centre is horrible at my place. I have never driven a Maruti in my life. I have not yet bought one. After your post I googled around for noise information and did not get any. I will try again later.

Now about the head unit: I do agree that a dedicated amp will add clarity to the spectrum band but in my case I dont want one. Modern head units do provide RMS wattage ranging from 15 to 25 and that should be more than enough. the Head unit will, of course, run slightly warmer because of the insertion loss it has to factor in, but that should be ok. People at my place are not very professional in installing audio equipment in car and that is the reason I am staying away from a dedicated amp for the time -- a colleague of mine had a short circuit fire because of bad installation. But, of course, I do not want to generalize this one-off incident.

I have made a couple trips to local car audio accessory shops. Most of these shopkeepers are almost illiterate and are only interested in selling an unit that gives them maximum margin of profit. auditioning facilities are nill. Please tell me one last thing: how feasible is it to mount a 6X9 triaxial over a 6 inch cut out using spacers?

MaSh,
Thanks for the reply; My dear figo will remain in the family, only I did not want another Ford. Besides Ford service centre is horrible at my place. I have never driven a Maruti in my life. I have not yet bought one. After your post I googled around for noise information and did not get any. I will try again later.

Now about the head unit: I do agree that a dedicated amp will add clarity to the spectrum band but in my case I dont want one. Modern head units do provide RMS wattage ranging from 15 to 25 and that should be more than enough. the Head unit will, of course, run slightly warmer because of the insertion loss it has to factor in, but that should be ok. People at my place are not very professional in installing audio equipment in car and that is the reason I am staying away from a dedicated amp for the time -- a colleague of mine had a short circuit fire because of bad installation. But, of course, I do not want to generalize this one-off incident.

I have made a couple trips to local car audio accessory shops. Most of these shopkeepers are almost illiterate and are only interested in selling an unit that gives them maximum margin of profit. auditioning facilities are nill. Please tell me one last thing: how feasible is it to mount a 6X9 triaxial over a 6 inch cut out using spacers?

If you have not bought the car, my sincere advice, dont buy. You will just not enjoy driving it after driving the Figo. My dad has the previous version Dzire ZDI and a good friend of mine just bought the new one. There is no feel or feedback from the steering as we get. Look at the Aspire, a Polo GT or even the Tata Tiago. All three very good cars. Just my opinion, I am sure you have researched and then selected suiting your needs.

Another advice if there is no one in Mangalore, drive down to Bangalore, there are a couple of really good ones. Yes the Dzire OE HU is good, but not good enough for after market speakers. I would advice you audition speakers. Compare setups run with and without amp. And do not compare the setup to what you have in the Figo if its OE. Figo comes with one of the best OE setups in that segment.

MaSh

MaSh,

Thanks for you kind advice. I shall definitely give it serious consideration. I shall get back later. Thanks for now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back