Speakers for Onkyo SR 608

manjit126

I have decided to go for Onkyo SR 608 . My Room Size is 12' x 15'. I want to choose from the following Speakers :
1. Q Acoustics 1010
2. Sonodyne SONUS V2
Since these two fits in my budget from Rs50- 60,00.

Any Suggestion?

There are plenty of choices in 50k to 60k budget. Please go thru the speakers section. If your viewing & listening distance is 12 feet which would ideally drop down to 10 after placing everything . Better is a sub sat combo or stand mounted bookshelf speakers with matching center and SUB.

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me the other Speakers in this range. I can not differentiate much between the speakers. Even Velome settelite speakers sounds to be good. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Are you looking for 5.1 Speaker / 7.1 speaker at one go or else slowly planning to build the HT setup. What kind of movie/music ratio ? What type of music do you listen to ? Do you like your speakers warm or bright ? If I list a few here I may be picked for not choosing other brands so I leave it up to the experts .. But similar topics are discussed in the speakers thread . Specially mpw, frankmehta, rana_kriti have auditioned lot of speakers . Spend some time there and write back specific questions.

Kittu:)

I auditioned Onkyo TX-SR577 + SKS-HT728 I feel it sounds better than Dennon AVR-2311 + Q Acoustics 2000 Series Cinema Package while playing music but the players used to play the audio cd is different onkyo setup they were used some onkyo dvd player I don't know the model while in dennon setup they were used dune bluray player.But I could not audition mkv(movie) clippings with onkyo setup because onkyo dvd player could not play mkv files while Dennon setup sounds good with mkv clippings.So if it is possible audition Onkyo SR 608 + SKS-HT728 combo for music and movie.SKS-HT728 5.1 packages is reasonably priced around Rs.35000.

I auditioned Onkyo TX-SR577 + SKS-HT728 I feel it sounds better than Dennon AVR-2311 + Q Acoustics 2000 Series Cinema Package while playing music but the players used to play the audio cd is different onkyo setup they were used some onkyo dvd player I don't know the model while in dennon setup they were used dune bluray player.But I could not audition mkv(movie) clippings with onkyo setup because onkyo dvd player could not play mkv files while Dennon setup sounds good with mkv clippings.So if it is possible audition Onkyo SR 608 + SKS-HT728 combo for music and movie.SKS-HT728 5.1 packages is reasonably priced around Rs.35000.

Rajuwaste ,

Are you sure it is 35k ?

Kittu

Rajuwaste ,

Are you sure it is 35k ?

Kittu

They told me the whole package(AVR+Speaker) would be around Rs.70000 and I think they told the speaker package price around Rs.37000.So we could get around Rs.35000.That was my first audition so it was difficult for me to concentrate on so many things.I am also in the journey of getting dream home theater or getting intermediate solution for time being.Because every person's opinion is changing rapidly depending on his maturity level.

They told me the whole package(AVR+Speaker) would be around Rs.70000 and I think they told the speaker package price around Rs.37000.So we could get around Rs.35000.That was my first audition so it was difficult for me to concentrate on so many things.I am also in the journey of getting dream home theater or getting intermediate solution for time being.Because every person's opinion is changing rapidly depending on his maturity level.

35k is a good price for it . :)

I have decided to go for Onkyo SR 608 . My Room Size is 12' x 15'. I want to choose from the following Speakers :
1. Q Acoustics 1010
2. Sonodyne SONUS V2

Any Suggestion?

Sonodyne Sonus V2 is cracking HT speaker for the money. May be you can keep this as a safe bet and audition other speaker in the same price and then decide. U can't find a better deal for 50 - 60K other than Sonodyne Sonus.

For your AVR go for Harman Kardon 134 for 20k. Will beat a Denon 1611 I guess and possibly even a 1911 in terms of sound quality.

With a 75k budget, you can't be spending more than 25k on your receiver any way.

If you can spend up to 25-30k on your AVR, consider going for Marantz as well.

As for your speakers, I would suggest:

Wharf 9.2
Wharf 9.1
Wharf 9 CS
Wharf SW150

Total comes out to be around 55k

So around 75k total

And this will beat any of the above mentioned setups.

For your AVR go for Harman Kardon 134 for 20k. Will beat a Denon 1611 I guess and possibly even a 1911 in terms of sound quality.

With a 75k budget, you can't be spending more than 25k on your receiver any way.

If you can spend up to 25-30k on your AVR, consider going for Marantz as well.

As for your speakers, I would suggest:

Wharf 9.2
Wharf 9.1
Wharf 9 CS
Wharf SW150

Total comes out to be around 55k

So around 75k total

And this will beat any of the above mentioned setups.

Thanks but my Budget is Rs One Lac , My Chice for AVR is Onkyo 608 or Yamha 667 . Do you suggest the Speakers?

1. Q Acoustics 1010
2. Sonodyne SONUS V2

Any Suggestion?

Thanks but my Budget is Rs One Lac , My Chice for AVR is Onkyo 608 or Yamha 667 . Do you suggest the Speakers?

Do you want to purchase for using it or to satisfy your ego and money power.Speakers are available at every price point,You can choose based on your usage and your maturity level otherwise it is pointless to spend money and keep it unused.

If your budget is 1 lac then get any of these two AVRs:
Marantz NR1501 around 30k
Marantz 5004 around 30-35k

Don't look any further.

As far as your speakers are concerned, you are left with about 70k.

Spend 20k on Wharfedale SW150.

Now you are left with 50 for speakers.

Monitor Audio BX2 - 25k

Spend 12-13k on the Rear and the same amount on the center channel.

You can get Wharf 9.1 for this price along with Wharf 9 CS.

If you don't want to get Monitor Audio, get Wharf 9.5 instead.

Acoustics 1050 FS + 1010 Surround + 1000C Center + SW 2070C + Bracket for Rs 75,000.Is this price is good?

Back