Speakers for Onkyo TX-SR606

himanshu

Hello Friends,

Firstly let me thank this forum for sharing very useful information.

I am novice to this area but going thru various reviews I must say that it has helped me familiarize myself with the terminology and basics of HT.

Last week I got my ONKYO TX-SR606 AV receiver from Singapore and looks like I got a good deal, S$670 which is around 23K INR. Now I want to setup a HT and want to start with floorstanders first as my usage is more music - Indian classical and Ghazals and movies during the weekend.

So far I audiotined JAMO S606, S718 and MS Avant 906.

I quite liked S606 (INR 26K and INR 39K for 5.1) except for the extra bass may be due to the additional woofer.

Was not very impressed with MS Avant 906 as the clearity wasn't very good. I didn't explore Mezzo as it was beyond my budget.

Tomorrow going to audition Wharfdale diamond 9.6 BAngalore dealer is quoting 37K

My budget for speakers is 50K for complete 5.1 and around 35K for front towers.

Please guide me as to what makes a good pairing.

Regards, Himanshu

1010i are bookshelf speakers and I want floorstanders as my room size is 20x12

As I had explained elsewhere, the room size has nothing to do with choice between FS or BS. A BS driven by a good amp will create volume of sound to fill the whole room of your size.

There could be other reasons such as frequency coverage that would be in favour of floor standers.

In any case, I only suggested these speaker sets as I have heard them a few times and liked their sound. Ultimately it is your ears that will be final judge.

Happy hunting.

Cheers

As I had explained elsewhere, the room size has nothing to do with choice between FS or BS. A BS driven by a good amp will create volume of sound to fill the whole room of your size.

There could be other reasons such as frequency coverage that would be in favour of floor standers.

In any case, I only suggested these speaker sets as I have heard them a few times and liked their sound. Ultimately it is your ears that will be final judge.

Happy hunting.

Cheers
venkatcr,What is the price of Q-Acoustics's 1010i in INDIA?
REGARDS

Himanshu, that is a great price for the 606. I am in the process of planning to the same, as I have quite a few friends there, who can bring along the AVR.
Where did you get this deal, can you please PM and give me the contact details. The best quote I have got is from KEC at Adelphi for SGD 735 and the Denon 1909 for the same price.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Friends,

Firstly let me thank this forum for sharing very useful information.

I am novice to this area but going thru various reviews I must say that it has helped me familiarize myself with the terminology and basics of HT.

Last week I got my ONKYO TX-SR606 AV receiver from Singapore and looks like I got a good deal, S$670 which is around 23K INR. Now I want to setup a HT and want to start with floorstanders first as my usage is more music - Indian classical and Ghazals and movies during the weekend.

So far I audiotined JAMO S606, S718 and MS Avant 906.

I quite liked S606 (INR 26K and INR 39K for 5.1) except for the extra bass may be due to the additional woofer.

Was not very impressed with MS Avant 906 as the clearity wasn't very good. I didn't explore Mezzo as it was beyond my budget.

Tomorrow going to audition Wharfdale diamond 9.6 BAngalore dealer is quoting 37K

My budget for speakers is 50K for complete 5.1 and around 35K for front towers.

Please guide me as to what makes a good pairing.

Regards, Himanshu

I explored multiple places in Singapore including SIM LIM Square but Audio house in Liang Court offered me S$699 and on this I claimed S$35 GST.

Audio House
:177 River Valley Road #04-01/15,
Liang Court Shopping Centre Singapore 179030.
:6336 7177
:6338 7277
:[email protected]

Please note that some negotiation is possible, there regular price for 606 was S$799 but after I showed interest they reduced it to S$699

On Speakers, I got the opportunity to audition Wharfedale diamond 9.6 today and I must admit that it was an awesome experience. The depth on vocals was too good. I got a quote for RS 37K. Can somebody share their expreience and comment on price?

Later I auditioned B&W 683 priced at 1,12K but to my ears the depth wasn't too great compared to Wharfedale.

Ta, H

I am going to audition Q Acoustics this weekend and Q1010i package is for 45K+

Any comments on Q 1050i, they are reasonably priced - 35K.

Wharfedale diamond 9.6 v/s QA 1050i?

Himanshu,

Can you provide the details of the Dealer in Bangalore where you are planning to take the audition of Q1010i package?

Looking forward to hear your experince on the audition.

Thanks,
Nphutane

Babbler Marketing Pvt. Ltd .

# 419, 12th Cross, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560 080 ,

4th Floor, Embassy Prime, Bagmane Tech Park , C V Raman Nagar,
Bangalore - 560 093

Tel: +91 - 80 41177818

There is MR. Varun who will arrange the demo for you.

I want to audition both 1010i and 1050i and he says 1050i will come in next 2 days.

Re: Speakers for Onkyo TX-SR606Z

yup i did try audio house, and they qouted 799 sgd, like you mentioned, but it was all on the phone. Thanks for the que, I will ask my friend to negotiate

The 1010i is better than the 1050.

Regarding Wharfedale and Q-Acoustics, remember I use Wharfedales myself. So the best is for your ears to make a decision. BTW I had a sneaky smile on my face when I read your comparison of Wharfedale vs B&W. The owners of B&W must be slamming their foreheads. :)

Cheers

Hey Himanshu !

Did you finally buy the speakers you are looking for.... wharfedale diamond 9.5?
how does it sound with your SR 606?

I have a SR 606 and i am looking for speakers to pair up...

anybody is it cheaper to buy this thing from the UK? Then get it here, the dealer in Bangalore was quoting the 9.5 at 32K and 9.6 at 40+

Regads,
Anthony Harry

Hey Himanshu !

Did you finally buy the speakers you are looking for.... wharfedale diamond 9.5?
how does it sound with your SR 606?

I have a SR 606 and i am looking for speakers to pair up...

anybody is it cheaper to buy this thing from the UK? Then get it here, the dealer in Bangalore was quoting the 9.5 at 32K and 9.6 at 40+

Regads,
Anthony Harry

Buying Wharf from UK may not cause a lot saving.We have distributors here with warrenty.I calculated wharf rears(dipole) which were around 5k & ordering online will cause adding shipping ,duty.Here they are available for 6.5k.

If you ask abt Tannoy,yes it does cause lot difference in price,I got F1 for Onk for 14.5k & UK price is 7.5k.If someone brings from there can be benefit.

Now I m trying to get Tany rears from there(friend)It comes around 5.7k & here 13k.

thank you spirovious !!
does the Onkyo SR606 pair well with the Warfedale 9.5?

how much does it cost, i live in bangalore and cant make up my mind between the Jamo S 606, the warfedale 9.5/9.6 or the Polk TSi 400...

need help..

thank you spirovious !!
does the Onkyo SR606 pair well with the Warfedale 9.5?

how much does it cost, i live in bangalore and cant make up my mind between the Jamo S 606, the warfedale 9.5/9.6 or the Polk TSi 400...

need help..

Given the choice,I will prefer polk,then wharf then Jamo.
Polk sound clear with ONK, other are good,but they may not sound as good as polk with ONK>

Given the choice,I will prefer polk,then wharf then Jamo.
Polk sound clear with ONK, other are good,but they may not sound as good as polk with ONK>

polk for movies if fine - no go for any music combo - is too harsh. Onkyo + wharf should be an all round choice. Jamo 606 sounds just about average with Onkyo 606.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back