Speakers suggestion and Audition places in Chennai for Yamaha 473

leninselvaraj

Dear All,

I have almost decided to go with Yamaha - 473. Most likely i to get it end of this month.

Am not going full setup at once. Planning to upgrade step by step.

I can't use FS, as am living in apartment and small room. 10x12.

What's your suggestion on speakers i can go first Front or Center? my Budget for speakers initially <12K.

I'm planning to visit Chennai this weekend.

what are the speaker options i have? where in Chennai i can demo with yamaha -473?

Guys please help me.

Dear All,

I have almost decided to go with Yamaha - 473. Most likely i to get it end of this month.

Am not going full setup at once. Planning to upgrade step by step.

I can't use FS, as am living in apartment and small room. 10x12.

What's your suggestion on speakers i can go first Front or Center? my Budget for speakers initially <12K.

I'm planning to visit Chennai this weekend.

what are the speaker options i have? where in Chennai i can demo with yamaha -473?

Guys please help me.

Yes..Front Left & right is the way to start with..For your budget of <12K, there aren't many speakers.....

You can look at Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS (11K), a good choice to begin with, later you can add center speaker, surround speakers & Subwoofer ....

VIPUL AUDIO TECH, Chennai

195/287 Kilpauk Garden Road,
Kilpauk,Chennai 600010
(Near Kilpauk Post Office)
T: 42698542
M: 9941476667
(Contact person : Praveen)

They deal with, Yamaha, Denon & Sonodyne....Good luck

If you're short on budget, do look at the Pioneers that Spiro has on sale. He also has a center for sale which would interest you.

cambridge s30 will comes within your budget.. around 10k.. for a money,its better for HT and music also.. but for movies you must need to invest one subwoofer for big bass sounds.. if possible give me your no.

-suresh babu

I think you should consider Wharfedale diamond 9.1/10.1 and Mission bookshelf too. I have seen this combo in some previous posts.
Please do check.

-Sunil

I think you should consider Wharfedale diamond 9.1/10.1 and Mission bookshelf too. I have seen this combo in some previous posts.
Please do check.

-Sunil

A word of caution....Wharfedale diamond series are very good speakers for the price they command....They are low on sensitivity (86db) & need very good power to bring the best our of them....It may not be a good match with entry level AVR....

A word of caution....Wharfedale diamond series are very good speakers for the price they command....They are low on sensitivity (86db) & need very good power to bring the best our of them....It may not be a good match with entry level AVR....

Hifimart is matching denon 1713 and wharfedale 10.2 bookshelf combo.
If 1713 can drive them well, any reason why rx-v473 can not?
Both AVRs are of more or less similar power specs right ?

cambridge s30 will comes within your budget.. around 10k.. for a money,its better for HT and music also.. but for movies you must need to invest one subwoofer for big bass sounds.. if possible give me your no.

-suresh babu

S30 sounds very warm with Yamaha & does not suit for HT.

Hifimart is matching denon 1713 and wharfedale 10.2 bookshelf combo.
If 1713 can drive them well, any reason why rx-v473 can not?
Both AVRs are of more or less similar power specs right ?

I have used Diamond 9.2's for approx 2 yrs with a Marantz receiver SR 5200 rated @ 90w/channel. so i know failry abt the speaker's capability....Hence the suggestion....

Thanks guys for your valuable replies.

I came across this link. Seems the new versions of Yamaha.

RX-V375 - RX-V - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States

11 Reviews so far and No CONS at all :eek::eek: ; am surprised to see that.

One more doubt Guys. I have Sony EX-650 TV. Which has network capability.

Do i really need Network capability for AVR too?

Am thinking to go for 373 / 375 instead of 473 as specs other than network facility are similar. So that i can spend more on speakers.

What are your suggestion guys?

I came across this link. Seems the new versions of Yamaha.

RX-V375 - RX-V - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States

11 Reviews so far and No CONS at all :eek::eek: ; am surprised to see that.

One more doubt Guys. I have Sony EX-650 TV. Which has network capability.

Am thinking to go for 373 / 375 instead of 473 as specs other than network facility are similar. So that i can spend more on speakers.

You wont find any difference is SQ between 373 & 473 except that 473 has network capability.

Coming to the netwrok capability of TV & AVR, they differ a lot. with netwrok feature on your AVR, you can control your AVR from your Android and IOS devices. You can also airplay and stream songs to your AVR from such devices where AVR will play those songs wirelessly. Also you can play the songs from your networked HDD/NFS with your networked AVR.

So if you find this feature helpful and handy, you can go for 473 else be content with 373. 375 is yet to be launched in India except the fact that if you can source it from abroad.

You can put the money on speakers instead of network feature in AVR.

Try auditioning diff speaker combo with your chosen AVR and decide based on your liking for music/movies.

If movie is your preference, get a decent sub to feel the low freq effects.

Just my 10 paisa:)

In the end it is 373 :)

I will be getting it this week end. waiting finger crossed :D

Now in the search of Bookshelf speakers.

I have shortlisted below three, Based on the reviews and suggestions from FMs. Didn't get a chance to demo yet :(.

Wharfedale 10.1 or 121
Dali zensor 1.

Please give your views and Current pricing for the above?
and
where can i get them?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back