Speakers to go with Exposure 2010S2 Amp

ngd

Folks,

I recently purchased the Exposure 2010S2 integrated amplifier and am looking to audition some speakers that match well with it. Any recommendations and experiences will be appreciated. My budget is about 2.5 lac. I stay in Pune.

Thanks!
-ngd

come to the what hi fi show
at least you will know your options even if you cant hear them ( since the show is possibly HT based ) since all the players will be there

i would look at the the PMCs - 23s , FACTs
the Dyna Contours 1.3
i would look at the golden ear tower ones or 2s too ( brilliant for your budget )
Jay Nihalani and sound and vision ( east street ) will have some decent stuff too

You probably have already heard the french Aperions and Oceanic i presume

When I communicated with Exposure directly to seek recommendations for speakers, they said that from market feedback they know that Neat, Spendor, Audiovector, PMC & Pro-Ac work well with their products.

Personal experience: I have used my exposure 3010s2 mostly with Dali ikon 6. I loved the detailed and fast sound, but it was aggressive in mid and high. I wouldn't call it bright or fatiguing at all, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I also used it with custom installed focal chorus series drivers. Smoother sound compared to Dali, but still good detail.

Recently, I took the amp to a member's house to play it with Harbeth compact 7 and it was amazing. Neutrality without aggression - a good balance.

In summary, exposure is generally neutral and won't add or subtract much. But, it gives an attacking presentation. Which means that, the characteristics of your speakers is brought out with lot of energy.

When and where is it going to be held?

And no, I have not heard anything yet. Where can I audtion the Aperions, Oceanic, PMCs, FACTs, Dyna and Golden Ears?

come to the what hi fi show
at least you will know your options even if you cant hear them ( since the show is possibly HT based ) since all the players will be there

i would look at the the PMCs - 23s , FACTs
the Dyna Contours 1.3
i would look at the golden ear tower ones or 2s too ( brilliant for your budget )
Jay Nihalani and sound and vision ( east street ) will have some decent stuff too

You probably have already heard the french Aperions and Oceanic i presume

I had 2010 S2 for a year , I paired it with B&Ws , Spendors , ProAC , Neat, Focal and few more . Out all all , it paired well with the Spendors due to it's signature . Since you are from Pune you can give it a Audition in the dealers place there . I feel , it is little under powered for Spendors .

Sir,
Most of the Show @ Palladium Hotel from 27th is HT based.
2 Channel is very small.
However, a few option you will get to listen to.
Since you are based in Pune - go to Mr. Lulla's Studio / Shop & listen to a few speakers he has.
Pune has a few D & D's too.
I personally like Elac a lot - they will go well with your Exposure.
That demo is possible in Mumbai - just google it.
Golden Ear will not be @ the show - but they have a super showroom in Mumbai - do visit it.
Designer Audio too can offer some choices to you - lots to explore.
Just visit the shops in Mumbai & you will get a good idea of what you like.
All the Best !

the golden year is with burge cooper
the PMC s are with Nexus audio

the Aperions are in PUNE off east street - Oceanic Mr Dave

i think Mr Lulla is nest to Madhuban off Dhole Patil road near boat club road in PUNE

Where can I audition the Elacs?

a]
Show in Mumbai - 27th Feb @ Palladium

b]
Showroom in Khar / Santacruz - Mumbai
March 3rd onwards - google the address - KEI Int in the D & D

All the Best !

p.s. This would be my 1st pick for the amp that you use..:licklips:

any specific model you have in mind from Elac ?

as Vijwilso mentioned - try Cadence in Pune for Spendor and take your amp with you..you may like what you hear.

if not already done... it may be better to select which model you want to listen to ( Floorstander / standmount ) depending on your room size and budget ( already mentioned ) & music taste & then go with a shortlist.

BTW... what is your source hardware ? a CDP or PC Music or a TT ?

njoi !!

regards

Aptx Bluetooth via Schiit Bifrost (w/ Uber analog) to my Exposure. I may consider upgrading to TT if I find it superior. But I am hoping I will be able to find a good compromise in quality with the convenience of Bluetooth.

An update:

I auditioned Apertura speakers (worth 3L) at Oceanic and found them unimpressive. Mahendra Dave (owner) suggested to come back later. He thought the amp had not "broken in". Exposure manual said that it needs 48hours to break-in.

I also heard those speakers with his amp (Jolida worth 1.92L). Again, I found the setup unimpressive.

I'll wait for a month or so for the amp to break-in and then continue my auditions. I will post updates once I do.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back