speakers

nazreth

hi,
my room size is 400sq feet, i need to get speakers and amp in the 50 k range.
listen to rock mainly. what speakers would u recommend n wat amp with it.
have looked at the jamo s406, s 606. what about wharfedale diamond 9 series.
naz.

Nazreth:

Amp and speakers within 50K is a topic that has been discussed large number of times within this forum.

In terms of choices you have amps from CA, NAD, Marantz, and maybe Yamaha. CA and Marantz are supposed to be musical, and if you interests are just rock, I will leave them out. You should audition the NAD and Yamaha's two channel series.

Between Jamo and Wharfedales, the Wharfedales are more popular. But again, I am not sure if they will suit rock. You should look at JBL, and Yamaha speakers.

If you do a search you will find the threads discussing these issues in details. Please read them and come back here with specific questions.

Cheers

What will your source be? Will it be an existing CD/DVD player or will you be buying one? That should also be considered during this decision.

You are on the right track with picking speakers first. However there is a long list of candidates and you should listen to as many as possible before making a choice:
PSB Image B25 standmount @ LaKozy near Chowpatty
Monitor Audio BR2 standmount @ Nova Audio near Carter Road, Bandra
Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 floorstander or Quad 11L standmount @ Designer Audio, Tardeo
Polk Monitor 60 floorstander or KEF iQ3 standmount at ProFX at Atria Mall, Worli
Mordaunt-Short 908i floorstander at Sharper Image, Worli (not sure they stock MS, pls check)

Also, Hifivision member Shahrukh has a KEF iQ5 floorstander on sale in the Classifieds section.

Rule out the S406, you've got the budget for better kit. The 606 is a lot better. The Wharfedale Diamond series is excellent. And the others recommended by particleman and venkat are also excellent. particleman has been nice enough to set out where you can audition them as well, so why don't you just head out and listen to them, and then post your findings.

hi,
i have a SONY DVP-NS708HP with HDMI as my source. Will be heading out to those places to chk out the speakers. thnx.

hi,
i have a SONY DVP-NS708HP with HDMI as my source. Will be heading out to those places to chk out the speakers. thnx.

hi all,
checked out a few speakers. have found the klipsch rvx 42 speakers quite amazing, but will these do as fronts in a 400 sq foot room. also wat sub n amp to go with it. does anyone know where i can hear the wharfdales.

Bro..

in a budget of 50K...what are your expectations...

do you have an amp...

Because suppose your room length is say 20fts by 20fts width...

then you need a pair of speakers that should fill the room, keeping in mind the furniture, and other stuff in the room...

Please let us know, the exact room size, and the placements, out there...
And apart from that whats your ratio in terms of movie n music..
u said u luv rock,so does that means, that you are lookin in for a 2 Channel system..???

Please let us know, the same...

I think within 50k and kind of music u like JBL is best value for money you can look at jbl 260.5 the speakers are 95w rms each and they give harmon amp which is the good match wd 50w per chennal

I am looking for a 2 channel system and do not have an amp. Ratio would be
60-70% music and 30-40% movies.
Also wanted to know if i would need a sub with the klipsch rvx 42 speakers.
They had a lot of punch without losing out on clarity.
thanks.

I am looking for a 2 channel system and do not have an amp. Ratio would be
60-70% music and 30-40% movies.
Also wanted to know if i would need a sub with the klipsch rvx 42 speakers.
They had a lot of punch without losing out on clarity.
thanks.

Hi

Also Check JBLs ES 80 FS speakers along with their HK stereo amplifier , JBL is better for Rock and these Techno musics. Not heard the Klipsch model you have mentioned

david.

Buddy

The New JBL Speakers are fine...

But when you are looking in for something good and a VFM product then dont give up anything else apart from Cambridge Audio & mordaunt short...

Go in for CA-A540 Integrated Amplifier...with MS-Avant-906i...
That will cost you within your budget with cabling and setup...

And am sure you will never regret for this setup for the use you are looking in at...

Best of Luck...

Around or under 40k for the both of them. No, the 906i has pretty good bass extension -- it should be alright without a sub. I used to own this combo -- it was rather enjoyable -- not a cheap, budget sound but could hold its own against slightly higher priced components. I would highly recommend you get the 640A amp rather than 540. Should be around 45k total. MS also makes a decent sub you can add later.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back