Specification Sheet for New Sony LCD Models NX-EX-BX

amanker

While searching the net about newly launched LCD tv's, I came across the specifications for newly launched SONY LCD tv's. This information was hidden in sony malysia site. Since sony india imports LCD tvs from malaysia, so these specification are most likely about yet to be launched TVs in india EXCEPT inbuilt DVB-T tuner. Only BX and EX300 and EX400 are launched in india, which are listed on sony india website.

Attachments

• Specification_sheet_NX_EX_BX.pdf
    53.3 KB · Views: 193
for adder

Sony Malaysia site only displaying V,S and S20 model on main page. and if you click compare all model or you select from drop down menu then NX500, EX500, EX400, BX400 and BX300 models are listed.
I think you didnot read the pdf file i attached to post. This is about NX800, NX700, EX700, EX600, EX500 model in tabular form for better comparision. And these models are not displayed anywhere on sony malaysia site. I think you should check malaysia site again.
And if you already know this, its fine, then let others know this.

for adder

Sony Malaysia site only displaying V,S and S20 model on main page. and if you click compare all model or you select from drop down menu then NX500, EX500, EX400, BX400 and BX300 models are listed.
I think you didnot read the pdf file i attached to post. This is about NX800, NX700, EX700, EX600, EX500 model in tabular form for better comparision. And these models are not displayed anywhere on sony malaysia site. I think you should check malaysia site again.

well my bad,didn't know it contained the NX700,NX800,EX600.
although our models will start from KLV ,these start from KDL which has the DVB-T tuner and may have support for WIFI add on via USB,they however can be bought from the grey market.

anyway thanks for sharing.:)

While searching ......... so these specification are most likely about yet to be launched TVs in india EXCEPT inbuilt DVB-T tuner.................website.

Yes, I know our models start with KLV... and these are KDL thats why I already clearified in my first post that these TV's will have same specifications except inbuilt DVB-T tuner. and may be INTERNET VIDEO and INTERNET WIDGETS will also be absent.

jpegs added

Attachments

• sony2010sheet-1l.jpg
    sony2010sheet-1l.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 157
  • sony2010sheet-2l.jpg
    sony2010sheet-2l.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 149
Most of the EX, BX and NX series have been launched. Models are available for display in shops. There is also NX500 which was not mentioned in the pdf file. The specifications are similar to EX400, but it has a glass covering. This glass reflects if someone is standing close to the TV. Personally I liked the EX400 over the NX500. Will be going in for a 40 incher of EX400 (KLV-40EX400)

Will be going in for a 40 incher of EX400 (KLV-40EX400)

Dear Zervinb,
Just in case you have missed,also check 40EX500 as it has 100Hz. Motionflow, the model you mentioned (40EX400) has 50Hz. The EX500 has been launched too just 2-3 days back (saw in Pune) and it is equivalent to earlier W550 models. Of course there is price difereence of almost 10k, however the price can be bargained for.
All the best.
Regards, :)

@ Sachin:

Thanks for the heads-up Sachin. I know the EX500 has just launched. And I also know it has MotionFlow 100Hz. Was initially interested in it, but finally decided against it, as I don't think I would be needing the MotionFlow. On some US forums, there have been mixed reactions to 120Hz technology, with many people saying it introduces a "Soap-Opera" effect. Since majority of my viewing would be films (DVDs and blu-rays) and cricket (not as fast a game as football), I felt that the single extra feature was not worth the 8000 extra I would have to pay for it. Hence, decided to go in for the EX400.

Thanks anyways.

EDIT: And I see you intend to add Monster cables to your set-up. If you are going to import from the US, or if you have a relative coming down, you should seriously consider Monoprice cables instead of Monster's. Monoprice have very good quality cables and are quite cheap compared to the overpriced Monster. Check AVSForum, and almost everyone there recommends monoprice cables. BTW, they have expedited shipping to India too. You could try that, and see if it works out cheaper and better.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back