spindle motor with a platter in cd players

COOLDUDE7808

Hi

This may not be the right forum ...But since all DIY guys are here ...i think you might be able to help

My Marantz CD6003 (out of warranty) needs a spindle motor replacement . Did a lot of googling and tried a lot of stuff ...before arriving at this inference .

Cleaned the lens . CD spins without the spindle motor at the top . So the other motor seems to be working fine . When i remove the spindle motor and place it again ..it works for some time ...and goes off in case I replace the cd or power off and power on . I have to rotate the CD manually like those fans in our trains .

Can u suggest where can i find a spindle motor attached to a platter which will fit in my CD 6003 . Do they use standard ones or is it proprietary ....

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1315/cd6003int.jpg

I am referring to that black plate fitted with two screws having a motor at the centre ..which pulls the CD upwards ... I am new to this ...so also confirm if this the spindle motor which is responsible for spinning the CD

Last edited:
What's the problem with your marantz? Its shows no disc!
There are basically two motors first one which rotates the disc known as spindle motor [disc motor] and the other which moves the lens forward and backwards to read tracks and data on the cd known as sledge motor. How did you checked the spindle motor? [you need a multimeter to check the motor, the way you check the value of a resistance]
Most of the time sledge motor needs replacement in the dvd players.
A fresh motor will have a value of 7-15 ohms on the multimeter if meter is showing zero it means its above 400ohms which also means it needs to be replaced . The value should be between 7-30ohms.

469288_9e9a2cd6bf66a226d78c26169c56f79f.jpg

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back