Spotify vs foobar darker background

himadri

Hi
I am using the metrum octave mk2 DAC via Usb with my Dell laptop as transport (windows 10) through a dual headed audiocadabra Usb cable ,denon amplifier and harbeth p3esr speakers.
I have observed that the background is blacker when i use spotify app on the laptop than when i use a wave file through foobar loaded in my laptop hard disc , though the sound quality is better in foobar , but the darker background of spotify is what im looking for in the foobar \wave combo.
Any idea why this is so and how to achieve it?
Cheers

Hi,
Since Spotify is separate application it will not en route through foobar, Spotify will directly routed through laptop sound card and the quality of the output will determined depend on sound card. apart from that sound is also not as good as Tidal.

Hi
I am using the metrum octave mk2 DAC via Usb with my Dell laptop as transport (windows 10) through a dual headed audiocadabra Usb cable ,denon amplifier and harbeth p3esr speakers.
I have observed that the background is blacker when i use spotify app on the laptop than when i use a wave file through foobar loaded in my laptop hard disc , though the sound quality is better in foobar , but the darker background of spotify is what im looking for in the foobar \wave combo.
Any idea why this is so and how to achieve it?
Cheers
Sure, so you can change the background of Foobar with few default sets. Don't think you can get any specific/particular shade. you don't need that must, right?

Sure, so you can change the background of Foobar with few default sets. Don't think you can get any specific/particular shade. you don't need that must, right?
I am not sure whether he is talking darker background in terms of sound quality or the background colour in foobar .
A bit confused.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back