sr5008

Srinivasa23

Hi everyone,I need help you people, my marantz sr5008 Switch power of and on ,can someone help me please,
Thank you

there could be various reasons I suspect.
check your speaker connections , Check that there are no loose strands of speaker wire touching either the back panel of the receiver or the back of any connected speakers. Even one small strand of stray speaker wire is enough to cause the receiver to switch off, due to a short circuit.

there might be overheating issues...
Most electronics have a built-in fail-safe to protect against overheating. These fail-safe systems are designed to automatically switch the device off before the level of heat causes permanent damage to the circuits. Very often, the device won't be able to turn back on until the excess heat has sufficiently dissipated. Check if your receiver is overheating by placing your hand on the top and sides of the unit. If it feels uncomfortably or irregularly hot to the touch, then overheating is likely the cause. You can also check the front panel display of the receiver since some systems feature warning indicators.

if it doesn't work contact your nearest Marantz service center.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,I need help you people, my marantz sr5008 Switch power of and on ,can someone help me please,
Thank you

• How old is it?
  • Did this ever happen in the past?
  • Did you make any changes to speaker wires or cables or settings recently?
  • Do you play on normal volumes or loud all the time?

Workaround

• Disconnect all wires and cables and check if the issue is resolved.
  • If the AVR is powering on and off well with no challenges and stays stable then start connecting one speaker at a time when the AVR is off
  • Before connecting, check the speaker wires carefully for any leak and also check the connections behind each speaker if the wires are connected properly or touching each other..
  • It is a slow process but the only way to be sure
  • Once you connect each speaker and check, then you connect each source and check.
  • Ensure ample ventilation for these AVRs they do heat fast ,,,,,,,put a small fan if required,
Do all this and get back to us with the results

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back