SS2400 - 400W X 2 Diy Completed

Can you explain how plastic binding post degrades the sound? Isn't the contact points inside still metal ? Also what metrics do we have to Quantify the quality differences between binding posts ?

This is very common knowledge among older, more experienced, more advanced audiophiles.

Mr. Pierre Sprey does a nice synopsis, called " Wire Management" on his "Mapleshade Audio" web site.

The CARDAS CCGR speaker posts design eliminates all of this problem, and are about as good ( sonically ) as I know of. See their web site, do some research into their product's performance, and reports from users.

Yes, I am showing you a problem, and also offering all........... a correct solution.

The metrics we use is our direct experience with plastics ANYWHERES touching or even near a good speaker cable ( in a good system ), common sense from this negative listening experience, and our ears.

Good questions !! Thanks.

drlowmu

This is very common knowledge among older, more experienced, more advanced audiophiles.

Mr. Pierre Sprey does a nice synopsis, called " Wire Management" on his "Mapleshade Audio" web site.

The CARDAS CCGR speaker posts design eliminates all of this problem, and are about as good ( sonically ) as I know of.

Yes, I am showing you a problem, and also offering all a correct solution.

The metrics we use is our negative experience with plastics ANYWHERES touching or near a good speaker cable ( in a good system ), common sense from this experience, and our ears.

Good questions !! Thanks.

drlowmu
How about the insulation of speaker cables ? Aren't they mostly plastic ?

Congratulations.
Speaker out terminals Horizontally drilled would have been little better than vertical(+/-) if using direct speaker wires. With bana plugs no issue.
Yes you are correct, will keep in mind for the next build

Congratulations.
Speaker out terminals Horizontally drilled would have been little better than vertical(+/-) if using direct speaker wires. With bana plugs no issue.

But banana plugs are not the best choice for use with any decent amplifier.

Can you figure out why ?? Particularly for an amp that is high powered and solid state .

Spade lugs are a superior choice,.......( for both low and high powered amplifiers. ) Think for a moment in terms of surface contact area, and solidity of the connection.

drlowmu

Furutech FI-03 (G) IEC inlet will improve sound quality significantly, I am also currently using in my amp.I have one brand new available,let me know if you need.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back