standmount speakers

balakrishna

sir,
i am using definitive tech studio monitor 450 stand mounts in my two channel stereo. it has a 1inch tweeter,a 6 1/2inch mid woofer and a side mounted 10inch pressure driven subwoofer. frequency response is 24hz to30khz. are there stand mounts with the same kind of frequency response but without sub?

sir,
i am using definitive tech studio monitor 450 stand mounts in my two channel stereo. it has a 1inch tweeter,a 6 1/2inch mid woofer and a side mounted 10inch pressure driven subwoofer. frequency response is 24hz to30khz. are there stand mounts with the same kind of frequency response but without sub?

The options you hvae are powered speakers like audio engine A5 though they dont have the same freq response or pro audio speakers though it will be hard to match unless your budget has flexibility. The FR for the Def Techs are good. What is your listening style for music/movies.

I assume you are referring to F3 point at 24Hz. I doubt there is any standmount with that freq response. In any case there is very little recorded material that goes so low. My suggestion is you look for quality rather than quantity, meaning you can probably get a bit more extension but at the cost of sacrificing quality of lower to mid frequencies.

cheers

sir,

Hi,
there do exist standmounts with those specs like Totem mani, JMR Offrande and some models from AAD. but thesse need proper amplification and preper setup to meet the specs

Also these would usually be at a price point much above most sub+bookshelf combination.

Odysseys points are very valid . most music is above 45Hz. there is content below 45 but getting it in the same quality comes at a much higher $/Hz.

are you looking at this from a space saving Or from a sound quality angle ?

Hi Arj,
I was aware of the Totems, but not the JMRs, however a quick look says that none of them come to 24Hz at F3.

The only speaker I can remember is the higher end Audio note which is designed to be placed at the corner and hence give lower freq reproduction by using the loading that one gets at the corner. This speaker can do dynamics wonderfully, however its also bloody expensive :D

cheers

you are right i guess it is around 30. actually even proac says it comes to 30s but later found out that it is a 10db :D

I believe the AAD Bookshelves do come down very low

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back