Star Wars (All 6 Episodes) where to start ?

Avijeet

Dear All,

This is probably the most dumbest question i have ever asked in my entire life...
but again i don't wanna spoil the fun of the EPIC like Star Wars...

I heard a lot bout it...
but havn't seen any of Star Wars movies....
MY BAD :mad:

Now I have all 6 episodes of Star Wars...
But the problem is what to see first...

is it from Episode - I to IV
or as per the chronological year of release.

Avid fans of Star Wars please suggest

Having watched the movies my suggestion will be to:

1. First go as they were released, that is- IV, V, VI, I, II, III
2. Then watch them again starting from episode 1 and go serially.

Can't say anymore without spoiling a few things for you

Having watched the movies my suggestion will be to:

1. First go as they were released, that is- IV, V, VI, I, II, III
2. Then watch them again starting from episode 1 and go serially.

Can't say anymore without spoiling a few things for you

+1 to that:lol:

watch 456 and then 123.. 456 are way better..dont let shitty new 123 ruin them for u..watch them in the order they were made..

And this is a common question..:)

Avijeet,

ignore the "dark side" as manifest by Darth psychotropic.:p

throw them away, they're rubbish *lights fuse and runs away*

4-5-6 is the main story. while purist say watch the original version, i found the remastered version much better (cg wise) - if you purchased it recently, you'll have the remastered version.

once "the force is strong in you" (ie you've watched and enjoyed 4-5-6), then go to th pre-quel (which is 1-2-3).. it's much more contextual then.

again - don't fall for the mind tricks of the "dark side" :D

hello hello...testing echo...

Watch IV, V, VI first in that order
then I, II, III

This is the order in which they were released...

"May the force be with you"

As everyone has said watch IV-V-VI first otherwise you will not enjoy the storyline, specially the "Luke Skywalker" Character. "Return of the Jedi" has some fantastic action sequences.
Regards.

AFAICS does not make much of a difference, its not like SAW (hexalogy :D) where you HAVE to see it in chronological order ..... but still watching it as per the release date is prefered ...

Thanks a ton guys......

Finally watched Ep.IV.....
very hard to believe how could they make such movie @ 77
m certainly not mesmerized.... but i m entertained

Looking forward to watch "V" tomorrow.....

Thanks a ton to all who replied...

^^ And come to believe it has no CGI, almost everything is miniature modeling .....

Last edited:
Last edited:
@ Avigit
'very hard to believe how could they make such a movie @ 77'
Among the all time greats - Fritz Lang's 'Metropolis' was made in 1927!.Carll Dreyer's 'Passion of Joan of Arc' in 1928.Jean Renoir's 'Rules of the Game' in 1939.Marcel Carne's 'Children of Paradise' in 1945.Vittorio De Sica's 'Umberto D' in 1952.....The golden age of cinema was 1925-1965 and curiously(except for Chaplin and later Hitchcock) it never reached the American shores.By the mid 70's cinema was in ICU and has never really recovered.As for Star Wars/ET/Alien/Jurrasic Park/Lord of the rings etc.etc.I believe that cinema is not about special effects or computer gimmicks.It's about reflecting the beauty and terror,the transient and the eternal in life.At its best,cinema can be a dream or a hallucination.Acheingly real or a fairy tale fantasy.Assuming that the director is a superior human being,I expect him to show me the world in a new light.What Hollywood excels at is the unnatural and the unreal.Even in it's better film's you can smell the plastic -a synthetic reality- superimposed upon anything that could be termed as real or human....
And don't forget,every medium-books,magazines,television,films,the internet is a vehicle through which various lobbies disseminate their own brand of reality and propaganda.I dislike Hollywood for many reasons but the primary one is that it legitimizes and glamourizes violence.It makes warships and helicopters, guns and police cars,explosions and dismembered bodies acceptable and normal.Life is precious.It should not be treated with such disdain.

Last edited:
Watch Eps 4 and 5 - chuck out the rest, they're just nowhere near as good. :p ;) :D

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back