Starter TV speaker setup recommendation

Yaridu

Need Help. I am looking for 2.1 setup for my TV, to start of with.
Need your feedback and suggestions for what I am trying to do.
I have a topping MX3 amplifier DAC for my PC. I plan to use this first, get a decent set of speakers. I am planning to get the Jamo S803 (in white, I think) first and then add a SW later after a few months. Upgrade to AVR maybe after 1 or 2 years & then add surrounds gradually.
Do you think these speakers are not the best value for money. Since these will be in the living room prefer looks as well sound. I do not want to spend more than 30K for L & R speakers+cable+stands.
Do you good folks have any suggestion for Good speakers (Looks good and sounds good as well)since they would be in the living room. Also, since this would be mainly used for TV prefer the sound signature which is a slight smile (slightly enhanced treble and bass) & a wide sound stage.
Lastly the woofers what are some good recommendations for some decent Subs which has crossover settings/controls, Subs which are not too boomy.
Or do you all think all this is not worth it & I just get a decent soundbar with wireless subwoofer (samsung Q800t or JBL Bar 5.1 Surround or Bose 500)

If you are going for bookshelves, your amp might not be good enough. Bookshelves are lower in sensitivity and need more power compared to a floorstander made of same drivers. Please look for bookshelves/floorstanders with higher sensitivity 89db - 91db so that the amp is not strained.

what you have is a VFM amp! Not many are going to be beat Topping, SMSL, IAMD, NFX audio at the price point. You mentioned a budget of 30K. Are you interested in expanding the budget for a good amp as well ~ 20-40K?
Approx price range mentioned below. But none of these would have a built in DAC as offered by the Topping amp.

Norge comes ~15-20K range
Marantz-Denon-Pioneer entry level would be ~ 25K
Acoustic Portrait Swara integrated amp/Indiq Audio would get your budget to ~ 45K. This is serious audio bucket.

So, the cost outlay would be 30K for BS, 25K for Amp & 20K for starting SW = 75K minimum. At this price point, i would simply buy Q-acoustics floorstanders which have ample bass or Indiq FS which a lot of forum members are buying now(check the reviews before you take a plunge) or lyrita audio mini horns (all the three are high sensitivity floorstanders >91db which would generally be easy going on amps). The Topping will be able to easily drive this speaker pair and you can always build cash and upgrade to serious amps down the line. Additional money can be spent on cables or diffusers which can enhance the experience.

You can also go for used equipments which are great VFM.

Just a few options to consider.

PS: My recommendations are made purely from budget standpoint. I have no idea about room size. Q-acoustics would not need SW for room size 16' X 12'.

Thanks Again, I will probably continue to use topping for my desktop if they cannot drive a decent speakers and SW for TV setup.
WRT to room size it is 20 X 16.
Let me further research on the receivers you have mentioned. I need not get a DAC immediately since these receivers would have a HDMI or at least an optical in. If I plan to go the receiver and speaker route I need to either add on furniture or replace my existing TV unit, cuz there is no space for a receiver.
I do appreciate the inputs. Thank you. I really do not want to go the soundbar route. I never thought about towers, need to further look into your recommendations.

Do you have specific budget in mind for the total project? Stereo receivers with HDMI are going to be around 50-60K? That is almost double the speaker budget.
20 X 16 is great space. If you can place speakers 3 feet into the room in front of TV and manage to get 1-2 ft space away from wall, you would be able to achieve superb imaging. Research as much as possible and try to audition a few places. Happy hunting!!

Nope cannot place Speakers that ahead, due to the doorway, people will just walk into it. The TV unit is against the wall, with entrance near the tower speakers like your profile picture .
There is no total project, starting going this route of speakers (instead of sound bars) reading all the comments in this forum. So rather than building a complete project, want to start with something, use it for a year, add or change as time goes by. Will research more how other folks here started their audiophile/audio enthusiast journey.

If you are going for bookshelves, your amp might not be good enough. Bookshelves are lower in sensitivity and need more power compared to a floorstander made of same drivers. Please look for bookshelves/floorstanders with higher sensitivity 89db - 91db so that the amp is not strained.
How can floorstanders of the same drivers have more sensitivity ?

Due to bigger enclosure size driver become more sensitive and produce louder sound using less power.
I figured out, looking online. Its the other way round. With larger cabin, the cabin amplifies the sound making it more louder, and sensitivity is the measure of loudness produced when 1 watt of power is fed to the speaker. But it was nice to know . Didn't think about it before.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back