Static in Records: Obective measurement of static

arj

Staff member
While there are many ways to remove Static from records that I had come across they were all pretty much hearsay and experiential in a very amateurish way

Came across this interesting video wth measured static after every method

My biggest learning is how to use the audioquest Carbon fibre brush and that it actually removes status but needs to be used right

Interesting video, thanks for posting this.
It appeared to me that the brush, even if used correctly, doesn't reduce the static much beyond what the table does. Is my understanding correct? However, the brush may indeed brush off dust particles physically and that's a good thing. On the other hand, a zero stat device may eliminate static completely but will it physically remove the now destaticised dust particles?

Good question. my main takeaway has been ti use this while holding to remove static and my guess is particles will also get pushed of. Track dust being removed via a velvet brush later while on the platter

Not gained confidence to be seen shooting an ion gun onto records yet :)

In the video , he uses one device to measure something. He didn't show that what it is. Tutorial videos should be easy reachable & the tools or materials should be easily available. IMHO.

You can search for electrostatic meter on amazon.com. not available in india looks like as there are detectors which tell you if there is a + or - ve charge but not how much.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back