Stein Bobby S Highline Home Audition

fLUX

First of all a big thanks to Audio Heaven for starting home demos on their entire lineup of brands in Bangalore.Had a relatively free Friday evening so we got some time to try out their offerings & managed to give a to their Pure Silver Coax cable , interconnects & speaker cables & their copper counterparts too. But wanted to create a thread for the speakers they have brought in 'Stein Audio Bobby Highline S' .

Won't comment much on the design as it's already available online.

The chain used to drive these were my melody preamp -> Cary Audio 805 AE power amps ( sources were both digital and analog)

Had a very nice time listening to these and forming my initial impressions.

The bass in itself was tight with plenty of impact & did not feel anything amiss. There was good amount of texture to the bass too for tracks with hard hitting drums.

The mids sound large and lifelike , both male and female vocals sound beautiful. Listening to Musica Nuda tracks was a treat , the vocal scale shifts sounded phenomenal. Sits right in the top percentile of speakers I have tried which do vocals well.

Coming to the highs, the details were present and felt right ,did not feel like they were overtly bright or recessed. Layering & separation was a lacking albeit slightly ( again in comparison to higher end gears I have listened to).

The speakers do the disappearing act quiet well with a wide and deep soundstage ( in literal sense they are quiet huge in size). Dynamic shifts are handled with aplomb & even when you are aware of the upcoming sequences they kind of surprise and enthrall you.

Overall felt they are very good speakers which would suit a wide genre of music inclusive of bollywood. Everything gels well together & culminates into a very musical & engaging listen.

While the options open up in the range these speakers are priced ( 11000$ odd in US market , not sure of the Indian pricing but they did mention it would be priced in the international pricing ballpark) these certainly do deserve a second look & a shortlist if you have that kind of budget.

Some pics
20240406_123326.jpg
20240406_131502.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back