Stereo amp and bookshelf speakers for Bedroom

Ordered the topping tp20 :yahoo: from ebay .. . Not yet received it ... Its been 12 days ... Now have to start looking for a pair of good speakers Short listed a few ... MA BX2, CA S30, Norge Nano, MS Avant 902i,
Will carry the topping when I go for audition
:eek:hyeah:

i have been using the ms 902i with nad 325bee and marantz 6002...however i rarely listen to that combination after having procured the tiny musica amp, musica usb dac and audire callistoe (rear loaded horn speakers)...the music now has got more transparent and immediate as if a veil from the earlier chain was lifted..
i would suggest that you try the audire callisto bookshelves with the topping amp..in the topping thread there was some talk of that amp being paired with the Callistoe bookshelves..anyway that was the invitation Gobble had put forward, maybe he should be able to enlighten more on this combination..
given the music i listen, i am absolutely satisfied with these high sensitivity speakers, they are really good...

Moktan, I hope the pairing of TP20 with Callisto works out well. Though they are high efficiency single drivers, the Audire IO2s did not fare so well with the TP20.

Ordered the topping tp20 :yahoo: from ebay .. . Not yet received it ... Its been 12 days ... Now have to start looking for a pair of good speakers Short listed a few ... MA BX2, CA S30, Norge Nano, MS Avant 902i,
Will carry the topping when I go for audition
:eek:hyeah:

Yesterday, we heard topping TP20 with PSB B15. It was very good. Wait for the compilation results from Pune HFV meet thread.

The other good combo with topping TP20 is Usher S520, also recommended by psychotropic.

If you want small speakers, have an audition with NAD and Lithos noa1 satellite speakers in Mumbai. Search "Lithos noa1" in google, you will get all the details. You may carry your topping and pait it up with noa1 to see how it performs.

Yesterday, we heard topping TP20 with PSB B15. It was very good. Wait for the compilation results from Pune HFV meet thread.

now this i will be most intrested in reading about
especially since i ve owned/own all the said equipment in question , the PSB Image B ,the topping and a NAD 325

now this i will be most intrested in reading about
especially since i ve owned/own all the said equipment in question , the PSB Image B ,the topping and a NAD 325

Hey Magma, the pairing of TP20 and PSB Image B was like a very happy marriage. The effect was a very neutral sound from the combo. Note that a Marantz CD player was used as a source. We tried with tracks from Roja, Pink Floyd's "Hey you" and two more tracks of different kind. TP20 performed extremely well. As you will see from the upcoming report of Pune HFV meet, we were comparing different gears back to back with the same songs. So, it was easy to compare. I am not an audio expert, so I was thinking that my inexperienced ears might be wrong in the judgement. But it was good to see that almost everybody in the meet very much liked the combo.

Unfortunately, we did not have a NAD 325/326 to compare. There was a NAD 320 ofcourse, but that was not tested back to back.

I paired TP20 earlier with MA silver RS1 bookshelves with a NAD CD player in AVXcellence Pune. The result was just "ok". During that time I tried the same combo with NAD 326 in place of TP20. Definitely, NAD 326 performed better with MA RS1 speakers. They did not have PSB Image B speakers, so could not try at that time. But, after the Pune HFV meet, I can surely say that TP20 with PSB Image B would perform better than TP20 with more expensive speakers like MA silver RS1.

Bose 301's should be an ideal buy i would suggest, can take a stereo denon ampl. 130 watts per channel rms @ 6-8 ohms

ssm, Couple of things you should remember,
1. Try to avoid consecutive posts, you can press the edit button on the bottom right hand corner of the post to edit/add contents( for 24 hours from the time you posted). Also you can read up on posting, multi quote etc. Just giving you a heads up, before a moderator steps in.

2. The Topping TP20 is a small chip amp which has become very popular on this forum. It costs around Rs.4000 and can be had from ebay.com. They deliver to India.
Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier...ripath-2020-amplifier-versus-nad-c320bee.html

Alternatively, you can use the 'search' option on the top of this page and enter the keyword ("Topping" in this case) to find the same thread.
Hope this helps.
Hey Iaudio,

You have tried to help out a new comer like ssm.I must appriciate this attitude of yours.

Hey Iaudio,

You have tried to help out a new comer like ssm.I must appriciate this attitude of yours.

:
@samml thanks for bringing it up, : @iaudio ... thanks a ton for your advice, it really helped
: the topping thread really helped
: your tips on dos and don't made me understand the HFV better
THANKS BOSS :

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back