Stereo AMP and Floor Speakers

sajusankar

I am new to the Forum. Infact got into the Forum as i have been searching for a stereo system for past couple of weeks. Very glad to come across some excellent posts.
My situation before coming to the forum is that --- Too many brands and completely confused.. Every day i come across something new and i am completely lost. I did audition some of the popular brands in stereo Denon,Onkyo,Yamaha with speakers from Keff iq5,Klipsch f2 & 52, Polk Audio Monitor 50, Yamaha 555/ 777, Jamo etc.

My requirement is buy a Stereo AMP, with a player (one of them to have a ipod docking capability) and floor standing speakers. the Room size is around 400 Sq ft and is L shaped. Budget under 60K.Usually listens to indian music mostly classical and melody.Will really appreciate if somebody can suggest me a good combo of AMP and Speakers which is best considering the requirement,and point to me to a good place to buy this.

Hi Saju

The system you have heard is mostly good at Home Theatre , and for your kind of budget you can afford a pretty decent setup , try these product if possible

Marantz CD 5001 -----------Rs.15,000/-
Marantz PM 4001 -----------Rs.20,000/-
Mission M33i ----------------Rs.22,000/-
and some good cables

Regards

Hi,
For pure stereo avoid the amps u mention. Try Nad, Marantz. For the cdp also the same brands and speakers the list goes on and on.Explore Monitor Audio,Quad, Mshort and u will get a combo in ur budget. I also love B&W but the prices are steep and hence not suggested to u.
Regards.

Hi Saju

The system you have heard is mostly good at Home Theatre , and for your kind of budget you can afford a pretty decent setup , try these product if possible

Marantz CD 5001 -----------Rs.15,000/-
Marantz PM 4001 -----------Rs.20,000/-
Mission M33i ----------------Rs.22,000/-
and some good cables

Regards

Where can I buy SR6001 and klipsch RF 62

Hi saju,
Forget all the brands what you have mentioned and try monitor audio BR5 with marantz cdp5001(you might get this at a good price as the new model 5003 is already launched ) and try marantz pm7001 for the amp. You will be amazed.

A preowned Marantz CD5001 is available for sale by hifipal4all. Refer the message posted by him.

Hi saju,
Forget all the brands what you have mentioned and try monitor audio BR5 with marantz cdp5001(you might get this at a good price as the new model 5003 is already launched ) and try marantz pm7001 for the amp. You will be amazed.

Here's another option

Cambridge Audio 540C CDP - 18k (alternative CA 340C - 14k)
Cambridge Audio 540A V2 - 20k (alternative CA 340A SE - 16k)
Wharfedale Diamond 9.5s - 24k

There's a classifieds listing for a pair of used KEF IQ5s for 25k (negotiable). Click here. Not a steal, but a reasonable price for a 1.5 year old pair. Check that out as well.

I am new to the Forum. Infact got into the Forum as i have been searching for a stereo system for past couple of weeks. Very glad to come across some excellent posts.
My situation before coming to the forum is that --- Too many brands and completely confused.. Every day i come across something new and i am completely lost. I did audition some of the popular brands in stereo Denon,Onkyo,Yamaha with speakers from Keff iq5,Klipsch f2 & 52, Polk Audio Monitor 50, Yamaha 555/ 777, Jamo etc.

My requirement is buy a Stereo AMP, with a player (one of them to have a ipod docking capability) and floor standing speakers. the Room size is around 400 Sq ft and is L shaped. Budget under 60K.Usually listens to indian music mostly classical and melody.Will really appreciate if somebody can suggest me a good combo of AMP and Speakers which is best considering the requirement,and point to me to a good place to buy this.

Hey guys, Saju created this thread in February. I am sure he would have bought a system by now. I am not even sure he is reading this thread.

Cheers

so many saju's might still be around and this would still be useful information for them. i did find this to be a useful read. i'll probably add marantz on my auditioning list :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back