Stereo Amp for my Monitor B4 Speaker

vijayk

Dear Friends, this is my first post after passive reading on this forum for about past 2 months

Well I'm looking to buy Stereo Amplifier to hook my Floor Standers (Monitor Audio B4) this is 2 and half way TMM speaker. My music choice is most of the time country and Jazz music

ops forgot to mention about budget,.,.,., I can spend 25K for this

Thanks in advance,
~Vijay

Hi:

That's a good budget for an int. amp. NAD 326 or end of the line Marantz PM7001 would work really well with B4. You can't go wrong with CA 540 as well.

What about Kenwood DA-9010 Digital Amp?
I'm getting a deal of 22K, though not sure if its good deal

this is 7 year old amp and was use with Cadence Arita, owner is buying cadence tube amp

I tried to google for this kenwood and so far received some pics here:
Kenwood DA-9010 Digital Amplifier
its for sell here for quite some time and site is asking 549,00

what say?

Thanks,
~Vijay

No idea about Kenwood. I bet CA, Marantz, and NAD for the budget you quoted will blow Kenwood out of the water, IMO. You never know how Kenwood matches with B4 in the first place, so better stick with the known matching amps that goes with B4 well.

Thanks Vinod,

I forgot to mention that this Kenwood has DAC built in
rear side has optical and coax inputs as well front panel has separate selector switch. would it be good idea to connect DVD player and save $ on CDP?

Owner is saying that he spends 80K for same 7 years before. the worst part is that I'm not getting any details on web nor on any other forum :(

Thanks anyway,
~Vijay

Kenwood Amplifier for Rs.80000/- before 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beware of this seller, he is trying to take you for a ride.
I have a seen a similar second hand Marantz amplifier with digital and coaxial input which was quoted Rs.8000/-

Thanks Vinod,

I forgot to mention that this Kenwood has DAC built in
rear side has optical and coax inputs as well front panel has separate selector switch. would it be good idea to connect DVD player and save $ on CDP?

Owner is saying that he spends 80K for same 7 years before. the worst part is that I'm not getting any details on web nor on any other forum :(

Thanks anyway,
~Vijay

Hi:

Thats too much money 7 years back, something is not right. Please forget about the Kenwood and start auditioning int. amps from CA/Marantz/NAD - that's a good budget you have for int. amp and you can spend it wisely with a brand new amp IMO.

The amps you can start auditioning are -

Cambridge Audio 540/640
Marantz PM6003/PM7001
NAD 325/326 BEE

let's not rush to conclusoins....that kenwood looks like a serious bit of technology...i have no idea about it, but it could well be that it's a good amp, i would definitely recommend that you at least audition it with your speakers.

Hi:

Thats too much money 7 years back, something is not right. Please forget about the Kenwood and start auditioning int. amps from CA/Marantz/NAD - that's a good budget you have for int. amp and you can spend it wisely with a brand new amp IMO.

The amps you can start auditioning are -

Cambridge Audio 540/640
Marantz PM6003/PM7001
NAD 325/326 BEE

let's not rush to conclusoins....that kenwood looks like a serious bit of technology...i have no idea about it, but it could well be that it's a good amp, i would definitely recommend that you at least audition it with your speakers.

Not rushing to conclusions, and that's my opinion only (IMO - check post) when i said to forget about Kenwood. He can very well deviate from what I suggested proving that he did not follow what I suggested religiously.

I already got amp so dont have to audtion again with my speakers.

Thanks a ton friends,
I will go for audition with my personal audio cd... this is my take so far after reading every once concern:) will do this with my B4 asap and post my feedback.

~Vijay

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back