• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

stereo amplifier for bose301

Ankitk

My father recently purchased Bose 301 V speakers. He indents to use these stereo speakers in his bedroom (dimension 10foot X 16 Foot, to be placed on the 16 foot wall).
He mostly listens to Fm, old hindi songs, instrumentals and occasionally engish soft/classic rock (like hotel california). He is not at all fan of hard rock or metal or anything of that sorts.He will be playing music through a CD player(using either CD or pen drive).

I wish to gift him an Stereo amplifier/Receiver and i need some suggestions for the same.
Primary requirements are that it should have a Fm tuner.

The specifications for the speakers are:
301: 9 3?4"H x 14 1?4"W x 9 3?4"D (25 cm x 36 cm x 25 cm)
Compatible with amplifiers and receivers rated from 10 to 150 watts per channel.
Rated 4 - 8 ohms

Price: preferably within 20k but willing to go upto 30k (if it really enhances the experience).

Thanks in advance

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

rbalagopalan

Think about an Amplifier little brighter or forward as in my experience with Bose 301 MK II I found them a bit warmer / Laid back speakers.

I found Yamaha AS500 amp or Yamaha RXV375 to pair well with Bose 301. The AVR has built in FM. Again sound signatures are subjective to the listeners and I felt 301 to be slightly on the brighter side and paired well with warm sound signature of Yamahas. Marantz amps/avrs will also be a good option, audition and decide.

az2325

Hi Ankit,

I own a Yamaha-AS500 and a pair of Bose-301 Series V speakers. The combo is good. As you are looking for FM music, it would be better to go for an AVR rather than an integ. amp. Adding a tuner to amp later will increase the cost. Hence AVR would be the safe bet.

I was in the same situ as you. Made an impulse purchase of Bose-301. When i was looking around Amps, most of the people suggested Yamaha. Also Yamaha has service centre near by. Yamaha+Bose combo is good and doesnt fatigue you with long listening.

Regards,
Antony

Ankitk

Thanks for your suggestions.
I'm also inching towards Yamaha-AS500.The lack of tuner is a major drawback. Just waiting for some more suggestions
thanks anyway

Ankitk

I was unable to find RS 500 here in India. Does anyone know a dealer who would be haivng this product?
Any other suggestions?
Also could the Mods move this thread to Audio Components > Amplifiers. I just noticed that I had posted this query under the wront topic

Ankitk

I was unable to find RS 500 here in India. Does anyone know a dealer who would be haivng this product?
Any other suggestions?
Also could the Mods move this thread to Audio Components > Amplifiers. I just noticed that I had posted this query under the wront topic

tarikere

Hi

I am having BOSE Lifestyle Home theater and I would like to add mic system (to do the karokke syste to sing a song through home theater) Kindly let me know is there any system to do this?

Regards,
tarikere

SPONSORED ADS

efernand1

Hi,

The best amplifier to match the Bose 301s and provide a nice warm touch to music with punch is a Marantz PM series, check HiFi Mart or other dealers for the same. Yamaha is not like before...you may want to check Denon..

I use an AVR Marantz NR 1601 which is a 7.1 I assigned the AVR as a 5.1 on JBL SCS 140 5.1 speakers and assigned the Back Surround speakers as front 'B". Here I connected the Bose 201s bookshelfs. For music I use the 201s and JBL sub....man it rocks....and for movies the JBL 5.1 system.

I think there are Stereo Receivers available from Marantz or Cambridge Audio...

this is what is there on HiFi Mart

Marantz M-CR503 Stereo CD Receiver

Marantz M-CR510 Network Stereo Integrated Amplifier with built-in Apple AirPlay and Wi-Fi

All the best....

SPONSORED ADS