Stereo amplifier for Wharfedale 8.3

sushanthace

Hi All,

I have sold off the HT3100 (half-heartedly) and i am currently looking for a stereo amplifier to drive my wharfedale 8.3 speakers. The source would be the CA DV99(it made a difference with my meek AVR , i am sure it will blow me away when paired with a decent amp). I have a very low budget. And i am sure in a little more time i can spend more. So i have decided to spend this time to look out for amps within 20k(the max i can afford until i get a raise :p). I have gone through almost all the amp related threads in the last 2 days and the reason to open a new thread is because the speaker pairing was not found anywhere. So please help me in this next venture of mine.

The earlier venture into the AV jungle to get a DVDp was successful with the DV99 so i am sure i can even better it this time for a good budget amp.

I have read about a few brands here and i am would like to know which one would suite me better. My musical tastes are not specific- I listen to coldplay,Gun and Roses, Floyd,MLTR, as much as i listen to Frank sinatra,Bolton and of course to some good regional music and Dr.Balamuralikrishna..

And some of the brands i came across here in forums are as follows:

1. CA
2. Marantz
3. NAD
4. Norge

Any other brand similar is also fine as long as they dont make me poorer.

Thats all folks ... Looking forward to some good opinions and feedbacks.

Cheers
Sushanth

P.S- I have never auditioned any amps till now... ever

Hi all,

Went ahead and got myself a denon PMA380 from Mohan music ritchie street. I was quite surprised when the person manning the shop knew all about hifivision and also mentioned venkatcr :).

I got the stereo amp for 3500. It is in good working condition albeit a little rusted at the back. But once hooked up i could sense a change in music play back. Still need to do some fine tuning over the week.

Cheers
Sushanth

I was quite surprised when the person manning the shop knew all about hifivision and also mentioned venkatcr :).

I did not know I was that infamous !!:)

I had visited Mohan Musicals a few times when I was wandering through Ritchie Street. I have not yet bought anything from him. Flanker knows his quite well.

Cheers

I did not know I was that infamous !!:)

I had visited Mohan Musicals a few times when I was wandering through Ritchie Street. I have not yet bought anything from him. Flanker knows his quite well.

Cheers

hey venkat,see u r slowly acheiving celebrity status :clapping:.cheers

sushanth,hope ur enjoyin ur new addition and hearin things like never before.heh.am sure the amp brings out a lot more detail than as previously perceived.enjoy mate.oh and enjoy the shootout.cheers

sushanth,hope ur enjoyin ur new addition and hearin things like never before.heh.am sure the amp brings out a lot more detail than as previously perceived.enjoy mate.oh and enjoy the shootout.cheers

Thanks Rallynut. I am definitely enjoying... the first few days are always the honeymoon period :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back